The past 5 nights, I've had completely sleepless nights for 3 of them

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

First of all, I've been under a lot of stress recently with my dad dying a few weeks ago (who I had been living with) and my mother having to go into a care home due to her dementia.

Now I'm suffering from sleep problems, and specifically getting to sleep in the first place, which I have only very rarely suffered from in the past.

For the past 5 nights, I've had completely sleepless nights for 3 of them. I have a sleepless night, followed by a full night of sleep, then another sleepless night etc. However, before going to bed I can drop off to sleep usually when sitting at my computer or watching the TV, but then when I go to bed I might not sleep at all. So my insomnia is driven purely by anxiety with the source of my anxiety being predominantly the fact I can't get to sleep. So a catch 22 situation. Will this eventually end?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.