40 just began Estridol and progesterone I'm so fatigued!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! I'm 40 years old and have been placed on Estridol patch 0.025mg and progesterone 100mg. I have been suffering with hot flashes, fatigue, insomnia, and moodiness for the past 3 years. My gyn strongly recommended hrt due to my age and these not so lovely early symptoms of premenopause plus heavy irregular cycles. I am very new to hrt use as I have only been on it for two weeks. I am sleeping so much better but my hot flashes have intensified and I am so much more tired! It's almost like I'm in a brain fog. Could you please share your experiences with me? I was hoping to feel better not worse! I thank you in advance.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gigicc

?Its maybe you need to give it chance to work i have taken HRT for seven years , sometimes it's trial & error to which suits you best!  I was put on Premique low dose & felt like you. I went back to my GP, i am now on a different HRT that works for me good luck smile

• Posted

Hi Mars77,

Thank you for responding. I'm unsure as to the amount of time needed to let the HRT balance and work it's self out to where I can at least feel somewhat normal. How long did you wait until you changed HRT? I plan on speaking with my gyn at the end of this month about these side effects if I'm still experiencing them.

• Posted

Hi there, I'm no expert but it sounds like your progesterone dose is too high in comparison ot your estridol dose.  Basically estrogen gives you energy and progesterone makes you sleepy so it is important to get them balanced. Have a chat with your gyn or try using 2 estridol patches for a week or cut your progesterone dose in half to see what the difference is.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte 😁 Thank you for your advise. I am now on my 3rd dosage change 0.075 and am no longer in a fog. My symptoms have decreased and are manageable but I unfortunately haven't experienced the increased energy or the I feel so great benefits some have spoken about. All in all I think I'm in a good place for the moment.

• Posted

Hi Gigicc,

I am older than you and have been going through menopause for 5 years but have finally realised I am not coping very well, so have started HRT 4 days ago. I have exactly the same symptoms as you. Tiredness and hot flushes are back with a vengeance!!!

• Posted

Hi Lorraine,

After speaking with my gyn she agreed and was willing to change the estridol dosage. I started my third dose change which is now 0.075mg and I can now function and no longer feel like I am in a fog and feel better. I have not experienced an increase in energy but I can not recall a time when I have ever had energy because I am always tired. I hope you feel better and maybe a dose change would benefit you.

• Posted

Hi Gigicc,

It's early days for me yet so I'll stick with it and hopefully, the side effects will subside and the miracles will come!! I

😁 Optimistic I know, given how I collapsed into sleep last night!!

• Posted

Hi Lorraine. yes stick with it as i's sometimes worse b4 it gets better it usually takes 4/6 weeks for full benefits to kick in? I have been taking it for 6/7 years now. Quality of life is so much better. 

• Posted

Omg! Is that safe?

I do feel a change already despite the sleepiness- unless I'm just having a good day!!!

• Posted

I'm happy that your feeling a positive change! I'm now on week 2 with the new dosage change and do feel better. Giving HRT a chance is hard for some and everyone responds differently to medications. But I feel that the symptoms I was experiencing before starting HRT really hindered my life. I can now sleep a full night without waking up 20-30 times due to hot flashing and night sweats and I no longer have to place ice packs on the back of my neck during the day due to the dreadful hot flashing. I think your optism is great! Please keep me updated as to how you are doin 😁

• Posted

Hi Gigicc,

Well, almost a week and I do feel less down!

I feel so much more uplifted and less irritable, which is amazing, given how (inwardly) everybody has annoyed me. That was a seriously growing concern.

I have stopped taking Black Cohosh combined with St John's Wort, as it was giving me stomach cramps whilst using HRT too, I found - in my very short experience of taking it!!! 😁😁

• Posted

Hi Lorraine,

I'm so happy that you are experiencing positive effects from HRT and hope you continue to feel uplifted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.