40mg citalopram every other day to every day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Due to a recent traumatic event my doc has told me to take 40mg citalopram every day instead of every other which I had been doing for about a year. I feel so anxious and scared that I'll never get better. I keep trying to tell myself it's the increase in meds and that you always feel worse before it gets better but really struggling. Help please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

your doctors orders is so all over the place that its mind blowing .i have to say that because if the everyday new prescription of your doctors orders is the reason you are feeling crappy.40 milli.is a high dose .best regards

• Posted

sorry but your doctor is an idiot! for 1 you should never take an antidepressant every other day as the half life decreases so youd be up and down all the time! youre bound to feel awful going to everyday now! i have reduced my dose by 4mg from 10mg and after over 9 months im still not stable, these are extremely strong drug that mess with the brain xx

• Posted

i definitely agree with everyone, see a different doctor first thing in the morning, thats a big jump to 40 every other day, good luck

• Posted

Thanks for all your messages x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.