45M-Was this Angina, extreme dehydration/heat exhaustion, indigestion/heartburn or a panic attack?

Posted , 2 users are following.

45 year old male

No meds, no underlying health conditions based on tests, checks

BP avg is 109/62

Have had chronic panic/anxiety disorder which I've successfuly cured for the most part

5'9

190 lbs

Hi, was out yesterday with a friend of mine.

It was super hot, humid. The humidity and I don't mix well. I get real anxious.

I can only go out for a few hours in peak hours and then have to break. Yesterday, I was out with him

and he was negative, stiff, in his head, I had to almost yell at him, babysit him as he was acting like a dork and was also stressing me out

Like I was telling him

come on walk faster bro, your blocking people

Don't put your hands on your head like that, you look like a beta chode

Come on let's go here, why you walking there

He's also a guy that I coach on how to walk, talk with confidence and be attractive and it's lots of work. Since then I've decided to only meet with him once/week. For my own mental/physical health

He's also very negative and his brain always thinks of negative thoughts

He's a very inside of his head, negative guy and he's also kinda slows me down

when I'm out with him.

So not to mention this but I had only 1 glass of water in that 3.5 hour period we were out.

I had a bit of like an upset stomach from the night before.

So rather than going out for 2 hours with a break and break to hydrateWe were out for 3 hours with no water in between

The humidity hit me like a freight train.

I had to conjure up some last minute mental resources to go for a long ass walk to the grocery store to get my groceries and walk back to where I told him I would meet him. This was the last 1 hour of our outing. I had told him to go for a walk on his own.

At that point I felt flustered and very exhausted

Chest/stomach tightness, hot, like faint when we finally met up. Told him I think I need to call a cab as I feel very like hypoglycemic, dehydrated, hot, anxious, panic like, and like I was going to faint.

I then somehow made my way to a buddy's cafe who gave me loads of water, a nice cushiony outdoor chair to sit down on in a shaded area and I felt better. Cooler.

I then got up, started to wak and started to get that chest tightness feeling again, panic feeling and then I just said, "breath deeply and don't think" just relax, be calm and then my chest tightness/burn (it was all over my est even to the upper area like a muscle cramping)went away and I was able to make it home. Not sure if this was a panic attack or actual heat exhaustion, dehydration or angina or something with the heart etc

When I got home I felt back to myself. Anything I can do in the future to prevent myself from crashing like this? I think go out for 2 hours max, if more break, cool down, drink water, and if you are having anxiety/panic which I did struggle from and still get flare ups when I'm irritated by things(my friend, the weather), then just stop, sit, calm my mind. Anything else and has anyone else experienced the chest tightness/burning up to the upper chest and then have it calm down when your mind was calm.

I ruled out Angina or CAD as I wasn't having chest pain or pain in jaw/left arm and I was sweating and my heart rate was normal, not irregular or fast.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The sensation happened when walking to leave, correct?

If so, your mind can be calm but your heart rate will have increased as you went from sitting to stand-walking fairly fast. Your BP could easy drop too.

Your saying upper chest, is this sternum or esophagus?

Checking into Angina, did that placement of "upper stomach into upward underneath ribs" describe yours pain area?

Angina means "choking" like tightening, con/restricting. Different types, etc. The stage you described set perfect for Angina... EVEN w/ no other symptoms that you know of with it occurring.

The only other thing is heart burn.. shocked when the pain in my upper chest was intense & became consistent.

Two Very different placements tho. If it is from up under your ribs up into the chest cavity, that is physical activity taking place which is why it is Calmed/Triggered by physical action (rest, control breathing, not over eating, etc.) making it dangerous.

If it is heart burn, a calm mind wouldn't likely be of assistance.

It'd be so much easier if this provided us a chat option. Best of luck.

I'd 100% go have the check up & if the bill or insurance is an issue for that, there are ways to have the hospital expel the bill, etc. Your experience is extra similar to my own happened to be Angina pain. Hope this helps.

• Posted

The sensation happened when walking to leave, correct?

If so, your mind can be calm but your heart rate will have increased as you went from sitting to stand-walking fairly fast. Your BP could easy drop too.

Your saying upper chest, is this sternum or esophagus?

Checking into Angina, did that placement of "upper stomach into upward underneath ribs" describe yours pain area?

Angina means "choking" like tightening, con/restricting. Different types, etc. The stage you described set perfect for Angina... EVEN w/ no other symptoms that you know of with it occurring.

The only other thing is heart burn.. shocked when the pain in my upper chest was intense & became consistent.

Two Very different placements tho. If it is from up under your ribs up into the chest cavity, that is physical activity taking place which is why it is Calmed/Triggered by physical action (rest, control breathing, not over eating, etc.) making it dangerous.

If it is heart burn, a calm mind wouldn't likely be of assistance.

It'd be so much easier if this provided us a chat option. Best of luck.

I'd 100% go have the check up & if the bill or insurance is an issue for that, there are ways to have the hospital expel the bill, etc. Your experience is extra similar to my own happened to be Angina pain. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.