45mg Mirtazapine too much

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Mirtazapine 45mg for 4WEEKS made my anxiety sky high reduced it to 30mg for last WEEK or so then last 3 mornings had nausea which lasts all day will this pass as the anxiety has come down a little?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hello lee, yes it should pass. anxiety drops by miniscule amounts each day, that are not noticeable. to get from a very high state of anxiety, to a much lower one, you are looking at around 4 weeks and more. apart from benzos, theres nothing to stop the anxiety immediately. main thing is, youve noticed a drop. as anxiety starts dropping, it manifests itself in different symptoms. sickness and ibs are common. it may not feel like it, but if i was yourself, i would take some comfort in your new symptoms, ie your anxiety is coming down. as nausea is a sign of lower anxiety, from the manic racing feeling you will have had. as anxiety comes down further, the nausea should dissapear. avoid eating late at night, and make sure you dont have any bread for next few weeks. bread, and other gluten rich foods will bloat you, and make the nausea worse, while you are having your current symptoms. keep at it. you are going the right way.

• Posted

Hi sorry to bother you again,Im two weeks in to dose decrease from 45mg to 30mg anxiety has come down i think nausea is not as bad but still there also no appetite and no motivation to do anything.You said wait 4 weeks and decide what to do feel in a no mans land at the moment dont know what to do trying to just get on with it just want to feel normal again.

• Posted

its no bother. i would sit and wait for a couple of weeks and see. you had a narrow escape with 45mg, if it had gone on much longer, probably would have ended up in a breakdown. i know what its like, i stayed on citalopram on max dose for 6 weeks just over a year ago. got me in a right state, had to come off it. the level of anxiety you had takes such a long time to come down. imagine you are in control a bit more now? whats your dose history on mirt, and for how long each dose?

• Posted

10 day 7.5, Month on 15 About a month on 30 a month on 45 Now back down to 30 for about 2 weeks.These are roughly right i think.Cant be sure but think i felt the best on 15 then 30 was very tired but could feel flashes of my old self coming back then went to 45 was ok for a week then it went wrong from there stayed on it for a further 3 weeks anxiety got worse day by day.Which from your advice i dropped back to 30 last couple of weeks i have anxiety not as bad but still there zero motivation and zero appetite eat cause i have to basically nausea which calms down by tea time have to lie down a lot.Go to bed hoping i wake up a bit better each day but seems to be same every day.

• Posted

been there lee the nausea is horrible, when i went through mirt withdrawal it lasted 4 months x

• Posted

the nuasea is caused by anxiety. its worse in the mornings, gets better in the evening for most people. think you just have to wait a few weeks, see if you improve. you want to give 30mg a clear run of 6 weeks. if no better by then, speak to your dr about having a small dose of your previous anti dep added to mirt, if your previous one was a ssri. mirt effects seratonin and noradrenaline. at high doses, quite a lot of people get too energised by the noradrenaline effect, and get too anxious. adding your old anti dep, if it was a ssri, will only increase seratonin effect, which might suit you better.

• Posted

Never taken anything else Mirtazapine 1ST one ive tried properly.So will keep on it like u say and hopefully will calm down soon.Other than that dont know what else to do really.

• Posted

best to let things calm down. you do need 6 weeks uninterupted on 30mg, to get an idea of what it does for you. if it doesnt work out, they will try another anti dep. try not to think about recovery, judge how you are doing by comparing your latest week, to previous ones. thats what tells you most info. always look backwards and compare for progress. changes are small and gradual so needs time.

• Posted

Thanks for words of encouragement have zero appetite basically force feed myself as i dont want to lose weight i go to gym but while anxious and nauseous its not enjoyable one bit like you say hopefully it will cease soon.

• Posted

Thanks once again for the advice i will give it til the 6 week mark.Dont think my doctor would know what to add or change it to i basically chose this medication for myself.

• Posted

Hi,Been on the reduced dose of 30mg from 45 mg for 6 Weeks now.Take it around 8pm feel normal for few hours before bed no anxiety feel positive.Get good nights sleep.Then when i wake awful tension in chest nausea anxiety is back.FEEL NORMAL FOR THEM FEW HOURS AT NIGHT THEN MORNING IT HITS ME.Could i take it in day to stop this because it seems to work for them few hours but doesnt carry through to next day?

• Posted

hi, lee. personally l would get some anti sickness tablets from your doctor to help wiith sickness. even a seasick pill helps from your local chemist. 30 mg may be too much for you. i had to go to 15 mg to feel ok. The anxiety went after lunchtime on 15 mg. i also took and still take vitamin B complex. This helps mood and appetite. i ate a lot of soup and protein shakes to help when i feelt sickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.