46 Year Old who has tried so many meds, Nothing is working!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

sadDoes anyone have any advice on any Meds that MIGHT work for me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI Neverending, 

I'm sorry that you are in this place.  Can you share your med history?  You said nothing has worked.  Was there ever a time where a med worked for awhile?  How many have you tried?

• Posted

Hi, Do you suffer with deptression or anxiety ?, what have you tried smile

• Posted

I Hi Chinney,

i was was diagnosed with Major Depressive disorder/Anxiety 28 years ago at the age of 17..Things have gotten brighter since then, but nothing great!! My medication history is very broad..And to be honest, Over 28 years, I wouldn't remember!!

• Posted

You have said in another thread that you have taken one mirtazapine and decided it is the worst drug ever. Please give it a chance. The first pill is the worst. It knocks you for six, but then the second is not so bad and the third is even better. Every day you see a massive decrease in the initial sedative effect. Mirtazapine works really quickly on depression and anxiety (within days). I know how bad the first pill feels, but honestly, this feeling passes. I tried loads of ADs and none worked, but mirtazapine gave me my life back. I am nearly off it now after 4 years (now down to 3.75mg) and I still feel fine. My depression hasn't returned.
    • Posted

Hi Evergreen,

I have been down this road before with similar drugs that had the same effect on me..I took Remeron on Tues night at 11pm, and Today is Thursday, @1239pm..I am still feeling groggy..Day 2 of missing work & no end in sight..To be honest, I never want to feel this way again..Way too scarey for me..I see my psychiatrist on Tuesday..Thank Heavens! 

I value your opinion, but Remeron is a No Go for me!

• Posted

I hope that you find a solution. I am going to try and go drug free once I'm fully off the mirt. I am finding inositol powder very helpful and have suffered no withdrawal symptoms so far.
    • Posted

Have never heard of of inositol power?  Best of Luck with it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.