46 year old with vulvar cancer highlighting dangers Lichen

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hya all I’ve just come across in the Mirror an article about a lady with lichen sclerosis who’s 46 now has cancer

Poor poor poor women heart goes out to her & her family at this difficult time. She’s highlighting the tabo Subject - hope this brings more coverage. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I’ve tried to attach link it’s being monitored ? First time for everything. It’s on the mirror if anyone wants to have a read. 
  • Posted

Thank you for sending me the link .

I have just read the article terrible for that poor Lady and her family .

Ten years with LS and no one knew how to treat her so sad that it will take others to loose thier lives before the medical

Proffesion wakes up to LS.

• Posted

i read it too.  Terrible for her but I am glad she went public with it.
    • Posted

Why is there no research being done on this horrible disease? Is it because it's mainly a women's disease and usually men do the research & they can't be bothered? Really feel for the lady & her kids. I'm going to make an appointment with my Gyno to see if everything is ok. Had it now for 9 years. Seen Gyno 2 years ago, so time now to see her again after the article. Great it's out there.

Wishing her the very best.

Everyone look after this disease, no one else will.

• Posted

Hi Blueplum,

Thank you so very much for sharing this article! I live in the US and we are shamefully behind regarding LS. I would be lost without this blog and thank all those who share! I have found doctors just shrug this condition off. They have no awareness of the vigilance their patients must use to keep this disease in check out the depth is discomfort and pain out brings. Thank you again.

• Posted

Hi BLuePlum... I appreciate this link. It' important for this to get out.

I dont' remember if I alredy respondined to this thread - my bad... What is missing from short popular magazine articles like this though - to my mind- is any conversation about how to avoid any progression to cancer etc. All of here are now becoming aware of the larger issues..... and FInally taking our eating habits seriously for instance.

I do hope the newer members her those who are especially worried about cancer, know that this case is very unusual, and that now that we KNOW that LS is autoimmune we can take the measures we've been reading upon.  the whole deal with the Vitamin D3, A, K2, etc etc... Those should reduce the ery small percentage down to a newer more realistic infintisimal level.    smile - and carry on!    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.