48 and no period for 15 months. Lately slight pink discharge after sex

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone advise

I have assumed I am post menopausal as over a year since last period. Occasional hot flushes and night sweats but not much else other than vaginal dryness that means using Replens to moisturise. Doesn't seem to help much lately though and I have noticed a pink /bleed after sex that stops when I don't have sex. No pain just soreness afterwards.

Very worried but on holiday so can't see doctor until next week. Need some reassurance as I am freaking out after googling this😰

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes can be very worrying,its a long time since I was in that situation and I went on to 61 with periods until GP took me off HRT but also had pink discharge for a while. As for dryness try WOOHOO or DUREX PLAY, great. Visit a good Pharmacist if you are on holiday as dont let it spoil your holiday!!

Enid

• Posted

I found balance activ moisture gel for menopause very good. Ive tried a few and found the pessaries the best. They are quite expensive but worth it.

Im still having periods sporadically but im guessing you could be dry and sore up inside. Ive had the pink discharge after sex also.

Hope this helps. Please enjoy your holiday x

• Posted

You may not be over it. I heard of friends of mine same thing. Thought they were in full menopause or post after s year without a period. Then bsng they got it. Everyone is different though so I would call your ObGyn to be certain or get your hormonal levels checked. 48 seems too young to be in post menopause. Heard this goes on for at least 5-10 years. Good Luck. Hope it doesn't come back. I just had some light spotting in mid Dec. But nothing more so hoping I'm on my way to regular menopause now.
  • Posted

First, stop Googling! It is not giving you good advice and is feeding your fears. Next, your problem is going to be due to the vaginal atrophy most likely. You're probably reading things like "bleeding after menopause is not normal and you should call your doctor immediately!" Scary sounding, right? I did the same thing. Not that you shouldn't go ahead and call. But enjoy your time and know it's most likely nothing sinister.
    • Posted

Agreed. I have had that problem a few times since my periods have stopped. I haven't used any artificial lubrication, but have found if I am physically read to make love (producing plenty of lubrication) I don't have the pink staining afterward. Don't rush things!
  • Posted

Hi pmc,

just enjoy your holiday, lucky you.............................wink

go and see your GP when you get back, 

you may be driving yourself crazy over nothing

• Posted

Im post menopausal. No periods for 12 months. Tonight I've just started bleeding. Quite shocked & worried. FSH levels 146 in September! Any advice would be greatly appreciated please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.