4mths off venlafaxine when do withdrawls stop??

Posted , 3 users are following.

So.July 30th i took my last ever ven after 3mths of side effect trying to get bak on it...its been 4mths of pure hell an the effects are still goin...i started to exercise to detox my body n get the good chemicals pumpin but find the side effects i crease..wtf..has anyone else had the lengthy withdrawl an come out the other side..ive been put onto anti anxiety med but dont feel its helpin alot..just need to no that im not gana be stuck like this for ever..as my two boys see mum upset n get worried..they dont deserve to o this..help....anythink to keep my hope..😢😢😢😢

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jaye76671

i've just started to try to get off the Venlafaxine once again so i can't really say much on how long it will take for the symptoms to stop... you just have to keep pushing through... it has to get better xxx i came across a few posts that say they've tried  taking high doses of omega 3 oil or cod liver oil and this has helped.

Well done for being able to stay off them for 4months!!! that is an amazing acheivement in it's self!!! biggrin i couldn;t last more than a few weeks in the past and then i was back on the meds sad

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words💕 very tough time..i refuse to go back on this drug as trying to get on it a 3rd time an side effects was al i got an now withdrawl..it drvin me round the bend.. just wish id be free off it n be myself again😢😢
  • Posted

What symptoms are you getting the most ? nausea, headaches, depression ?

Are the any herbal remedies you can take to such as Kalms ?

• Posted

I have alot of mental changes throught the day which make it difficult..i dont feel low but whats happening make me feel down..get alot of blanks n cant just be..soo hard to no what write..i wana keep anti free to be myself..but i also have no thyroid so it hard to determine whats coarsen what..ive not known what im like without my thyroid as they threw me onto antis the first sign of anxiety..i wana be new me off antis n handle anxiety..very trying time
    • Posted

Your very determined and I am sure the withdrawl will easy . If they could find a short term substitute to help with recovery thats all you would need
  • Posted

Hello, Jaye.

I feel your pain since I`ve been experiencing the same.

After two years on 150mg Venlafaxine my psychiatrist put me on a tapering-off schedule. When I  reached 37,5mg I got all those awful and off-this-world side effects and got back to 150mg. But getting back to the original dosage just wouldn’t work anymore, so 10 days ago I decided to quit completely (gone cold turkey).

I haven`t felt any kind of physical pain, as I`ve had the first time when I tried to taper down slowly. But there are some other issues which are hard to deal with.

I feel like I`m someone else – read it somewhere that is called depersonalization. It`s the worst thing ever, as you look at inner self and don’t know what is that you were, what you are and what you`ll be. It`s really hard to explain.

Some other side effects include apathy, crying spells and memory loss (and I also feel I lost some IQ points – forever is this dull-zombie-state I`m going thru). Anxiety also hits hard.

It just won`t go away. Whenever I wake up feeling this trashy I know I`ll have a crappy day – no matter what I do – and it brings me down. I want to be my old self, enjoy the things I did, but somehow I can`t.

Although I usually get better later at night, I wake up the next morning the same way over and over.

I hope – for you and everyone trying to come off this drug – there`s a happy ending.

Writing about it makes me feel a little better, and as I`ve read so many posts from such different people, I believe sharing our thoughts with people who suffer the same is great comforting.One thing I noticed is that people write a lot in the first days or weeks suffering from it and then they`re gone from the forums. That must be a good sign, right? It will end someday. 

Happy holidays to you!

• Posted

Omgosh its like we are living in the same head..i experince alot the same..i stil cry feel brain damaged not able to get brain goin or understandin things..headachs dizzy miles away..ive got to the point of wantin to end my life cos of these episodes..night time things settle a little..there must be someone that is to be held responsible for this drug an wat its doin to peoples lifes..doctors fail to inform paitents the withdrawl part..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.