4th day going from 100mg to 50mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's my 4th day of going from100mg to 50mg of sertraline because the dose was to high starting to feel bad and go high anxiety is this normal advice PLEASE

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes, very much so. Things will improve.....hang in there.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply how long will it take to level back out feel like I've gone back to be start
    • Posted

How long did u stick the 100mg ? I'm one week on 150 and I feel like hell. My banging . Earing piping. Fuzzy.
    • Posted

I went to 150 felt awful so give up after 4 days then the drop to 125 crashed me for three days in tuna deep state then I waiting on 125 for 8 days then to 150 again to try and ease me in. I question what's going on to be honest I don't feel with it at all depression can make you leave the world around u well thats how I feel (like I'm trapped in a glass box ) at the moment my head really hurts it's like my brains in a tight vise. I'm tired and zombie like it's cold be the meds it could be me as my depression has me very foggy headed. I just want me back and life like this is no live at all. I want to be me I don't care about money ect ect now this has shown me a whole new world which one day I hope us for the best
    • Posted

This it getting to much up and down up and down don't know how much more I can take
  • Posted

I reduced from 100mg to 50mg  5 days ago for the same reason as you ,the dose was too high and I was  suffering bad anxiety which I had never had before on sertaline. However so far so good I feel alot better than I did although I'm still waiting for something to hit me on the back of the head when I least expect it. Anyhow stick with it I,m sure everything will settle down soon.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I've gone backwards again but just going to stick it out and hope things settle soon keep it touch and let me know how you get on x
    • Posted

Well the anxiety is back , less than it was but, it is still there. Had a phone call from work about my  ongoing sick leave. As I work for a big company they have there own occupational health team and someone is going to speak to me over the phone next week and assess how they can help me. Now I,m worring about was I to happy when I answered the phone and why did I say I was fine { i know standard reply } and will they believe me that I've been really suffering. That last remark is really silly as 2 diffrent g.p's have signed me off over the last 7 weeks. Am I ever going to be me again and cope with life?
  • Posted

I'm trying to stick the 150mg for past two weeks but my head is killing me I'm squinting my eyes all the time like I'm trying to ease the pressure. I don't feel quite as foggy today but depression puts u in fog so u never know if it's you or the meds. Iv been on sertraline since March and the only good iv had is two weeks on 100mg. My anxiety has eased a bit on the 150mg but I feel shocking. When does hell end it feeling like I'm gone with no return of happy me I'm heartbroken all I keep thinking is how awful it will be for my children growing up with me like this
    • Posted

That's how I'm feeling I'm squinting my eyes as well trying to release the pressure feel like I've gone backwards it deppresing just hoping things settle soon
    • Posted

When did u last feel ok ? I was ok on 100mg after six weeks but only for two weeks then I dropped again and yet to come back that was 11th June when I went back again with anxiety followed by the depression. My head is throbbing and I can't bare sound
    • Posted

Just keep having a few good days then a lot of bad days up and down seam to feel ok in the evening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.