4th day off but a struggle

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi not to good at writing but here we go been on tablets for about. 15 years Effexor which is venafaxaline 150mil two 75mil ,one 7.5 zopiclone and mst two 20 mill in morning two a night, just took a overdose of mst and zopiclone , didn't touch venafaxaline don't know why but I didn't any case ,my doctor has now took me off the venafaxaline and replaced this with a pink oval tablet begins with miz something not aloud to touch my own medication because of three atemps of life but let u know proper name .so I had to reduce the venafaxaline by half for ten days and take one new pink oval then after another ten days stop the venafaxaline and take two of the pink oval ones ,so I am now into my 4th day with no venafaxaline and its awful every time I move my eyes,and head it's like my eyes are delayed for a second if that make sense to anyone is this the brain zap I'm experienceing , crying a lot ,and feel like my breathing is going to stop its like a gasp for air  ,I think by the posts I've been told to stop the venafaxaline far two quickly .im taking the mst tablets for lower back pain which has brought me down over the years to a stand still . Gonna have to finish this now cos it's upsetting just talking need help 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time...it definitely sounds like you've been taken off the venlafaxine too quickly sad See your doctor as soon as possible. Reallt hope you're ok x
  • Posted

Hi Stephen, I agree with lucy, I was considered as coming off VF fast however it took 4 months to get to 5 weeks clear no withdrawl.  The brain zaps are exactly what myself and many others have experienced as withdrawl so you are making perfect sense.

May I suggest another visit to your doctor, to indicate the withdrawl you are experiencing, the one problem they may have as you indicated is the previous overdoses you have had, but maybe if you were on the modified release of vf that you ask your Dr for a steady drop which may take some time because of the doseage you have been on, and use the non extended release and supplement with cod liver iol (Omega 3) which many have found to be of benefit when coming off vf, myself was on 225mg a day now at 0 for 5 weeks no withdrawl, bear in mind it will take some months of reduction before you can stop.  The fact that your doctor stopped your venlafaxine so quickly is wrong, I feel this drug is still misunderstood, but blatantly prescribed to many without even hinting a warning that it is hard to come off VF.  All my best, I hope this is of some help.

• Posted

Hi Simon tx for your time the tablet I am now talking is mirtazapine 30mil which I take at night ,but as I said I'm not taking no venafaxaline now ,I'm actually talking to my wife and saying why have I've been took of one drug and put on another the only thing she said was because if I had taking venlafaxine with overdose it could have had a physical affect ,so I think that is why I have changed but I'm really wishing I had stayed with venafaxaline cos I've been on it for so long now I have to deal with the withdrawal .just don't know I will go back to GP 
    • Posted

Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry your having such a rubbish time of it, but that pink tablet that your taking could be venlafaxine, as the pale pink capsules come in that colour for 75mg?

Em

• Posted

Hi Emily I didnt know what it was when I posted a message cos wife was at work she has all medication but it was mirtazapine I was talking about 
  • Posted

Steve

Brain zap is exactly correct..

It feels like when you turn your attention away from somethng, then the brain stays on the old interest, then pulses or jumps almost at heartbeat speed to the new position.?

I'm still trying to work out why this is, but my theory - for what its worth - is that you take on experiences in the front of the brain then the best get moved onto the major part of the brain.

The front handles the "ouch its hot", fight of flight, jump. stuff. For some of us, the input is far more than it should be.

I think Venfax slows this down, so you have time to think about the situation and it doesn't "stick" as an issue. ie "yeah ok right" istead of "get off the road idiot" and then continuing the anger.

However coming off VF the rest of the brin is now seeing that delay in processing. which is why you get the zaps.

I would turn my head and sometimess zaps wouldn't happen so i think its more than the head turn.

Possibly try closing your eyes before switching to another view. ie watch TV, close eyes turn to door and open. I'd be interested to see if that works as I'm over the zaps and cannot test on myself any nore smile

• Posted

I would still say go to your doctor or try maybe seeing another doctor.

Let me know

Em

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.