4weeks post ankle surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 4weeks post ankle surgery and I am struggling to wear my boot properly, I’m too scared to bend my foot, therefore it’s not sitting flat on the boot, if I bend my foot will I be causing any damage to it? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zama, when I put my foot into the boot, I do not bend it. If you put your foot into the boot whilst you are sitting down, you sort of slide it staight in and need to make sure that the heel is right at the back of the boot. Anna
  • Posted

Hi there, 

No ,  you will not damage your ankle .   If you are unsure how to wear the boot bring it back to who gave it to you and they will show you step by step how to get it on. All the things that follow surgery are to help you to get 100 % so best to do what docs say.  But certainly understand the fear... I was 5 weeks out and he said.. the doc ... "go ahead Rose, put your foot down and put weight on it!" lol in the office! And I didn't hurt it. I mean it hurt as hell but just take one day at a time. You've got this!

Rose

• Posted

Thank you so much for the advice ladies, will try again tomorrow 
  • Posted

Contact your dr to let them knows. My dr always got back to himself or his nurse.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.