5-6 Months with Frozen shoulder

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi I am 20 years old and was recently involved in a car accident the accident caused multiple fractures to my body including a Clavicle Fracture of my shoulder, over the process of healing the very first orthopedic i had seen wasnt very informative about a clavicle fracture and making sure it heals properly and gains back full ROM due to pain from fractures and whiplash, etc while healing i tended to slump my body forward along with my shoulder causing the shoulder to heal curved in towards my body,and my shoulder blade is pulled far to the right well i also developed frozen shoulder and recently got into physical therapy im noticing a slight amount of progress but nothing convincing i havent been able to get back to work as i still dont have very much strenght or motion in it im struggling to pay the bills and feel as if every doctor i have seen so far has let me down (they waited for it to progress before putting me in PT i was denied PT multiple times) i have a new orthopedic and he wants to see how PT is going for 4 weeks before discussing other options but im ready to have motion in my arm and am wondering if Surgery would make this process any faster? what are the Pros and Cons? how long does this process take with PT? can anyone give me any hope? ive heard its not something people my age tend to develop someone please give me some guidance

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.