5.8 PSA

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my PSA checked in june of 2021 ,the results were 4.4 A ultrasound was ordered,they found a growth of something on my prostate and a needle biopsy was done. The results were benign and i was sent on my way relieved that i was cancer free.forward to this year june of 22 I again had my yearly PSA to my horror this years PSA is 5.8 and i am terrified that it is indeed cancer this time. what could cause my PSA to jump from 4.4 to 5.8 in a year besides cancer? Cancer sucks and i dont want to die of cancer. stressed and scared and my urologist is not going to consult with me about the results till next week.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Don't get too worried about your PSA wavering around a bit. Mine was 2.98 in Dec 2020 then 12.0 l@in June 21, then 3.85 in Dec 21 and most recently in June 22, 5.19. i had a template biopsy after an MRI for the 12.0 which turned out benign. just talk to your GP. my local hospital won't consider patients for prostate cancer unless PSA is over 10. So i don't worry about it.

• Posted

Your PSA rose by 32% in a year.

A very reasonable signpost is a doubling in a year.

If I were you I would monitor it again 6 months after the most recent test

and see if it is still climbing and if so, at what rate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.