Skip to content

Prostate Cancer

Also known as Cancer - Prostate, Goserilin for Prostate Cancer, Zoladex for Prostate Cancer

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Psa

I am going for biopsy on Friday as mri scan showed some abnormalities in my prostrate. My psa started at 34 went down as far as 26 but went up to 44 two weeks ago only to come down to 25 today. Urologist said after my mri scan that I have possible t3b No disease and no metatasis as far as scan …

Last reply
  • MRI Scan & Fluctusting PSA - Biopsy. What does it mean?

My urologist is recommending I have a biopsy. I’m considering trans perineal biopsy.  My PSA results have fluctuated: 4.9 (3Mar18), 4.6 (20Mar18), 6.8 (8May18), 5.5 (6Jun18), 5.3 (2Aug16).  I had MRI on 29May18 which showed “tumor 0.33 cc stranded wedge shaped area of lower T2, moderate …

Last reply
  • Prostatitis and Prostate Cancer

I was wondering if there was anyone out there with both prostate cancer and chronic prostatitis who had a robotic prostatectomy performed on them. If so, was there any improvement in the prostatitis symptoms post surgery?  

Last reply
  • What test can identify the germ (s) causing prostate infection?

I have a history of acute infectious prostatitis say about every 5 years or so. I get a Dre with hurts like bloody hell and after a week or 10 days with antibiotics it has always gone away. The latest bout started 3 years ago and has only gotten worse. I did get a fusion prostate biopsy 6 months …

Last reply
  • Prostrate cancer.

I've been told I have possible T3b NO disease and NO cancer of my bones after MRI SCAN. I AM WAITING ON A BIOPSY ON THE 17TH OF THIS MONTH. I AM WORRIED INCASE BY THE TIME IHAVE MY BIOPSY AND WAIT ON RESULTS THAT IT SPREADS. ANYONE GIVE ADVICE ABOUT THIS. THANK YOU.

Last reply
  • Low Dose Radiation Seed Implants - Brachytherapy... My Journey

I posted my beginning story last week as being diagnosed in October of 2015. Low Risk, early stage, PSA of 6.2, Gleason score of 3+3=6. No symptoms relating to prostate cancer or prostate problems. After the biopsy, I developed prostatitis which was not fun and very uncomfortable - I took …

Last reply
  • Questions for Dr Eastham Sloan Kettering Consult

Hi   Thank You for all the wonderful comments helps me sort things out ! I have an appointment with Dr Eastham  At Sloan Kettering this Monday   I am told his robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy takes 4 Hours which is 2x the time my local Urologist said the same …

Last reply
  • Should I worry?

Hi. Had a digital exam this morning and Dr says I have an enlarged prostate. He said it was common in older men, I'm 72, but wants a PSA test done anyway. It's always been recently described as large but I have no trouble passing urine etc. I have had a major scare with bowel cancer …

Last reply
  • Pelvic pain and sting inside penis - on/off

I had RP in 03/17. All PSA good so far (last test 04/18). Feel pelvic pains and sting inside penis/urethra, close to the tip is feels, and sometimes pain at start of urination (as if urine is pushing open a tight/closed urethra). Also some perenium pain. All on/off. I also have IBS and hemorroids. …

Posted
  • Don't rush in to having Treatment that you may not need!

A bit of advice -  for what it’s worth It’s over 7 years since I had the fright of my life when the biopsy I had came back as Gleason 3:3 following an elevated PSA – 5.7 and then 7 in the previous 2 months. But I was only 49 years old and knew nothing about Prostate Cancer and immediately …

Last reply
  • Enlarged Prostate and Cancer

Has anyone developed a cancer after being diagnosed with BPH ? I am wondering if there is a risk in the future although it is noncancerous. Thanks for your answers. Bruno

Last reply
  • Tired of the pain

It's been almost 3 weeks since I  finished 20 rounds of radiation for my prostate cancer and it still feels like Im passing broken glass, does anyone know how long this pain will last. Ive tried several different pain medication but nothing seems to work, I haven't had a good night …

Last reply
  • Groin and thigh pain following radical prostatectomy

Does anyone suffer with the same severe low back, thigh and groin pain as I have been for the past seventeen months following my radical prostatectomy. I am fine for the first twenty minutes of walking or general activity before the pains starts and increases in intensity if I don't stop.  …

Last reply
  • Serum calcium and zometa

My father has prostate cancer with bone mets he is on zometa from last 6 months .his serum calcium starts from 10.1 now it is 7.8 Doctor said at 7.8 we can't inject zometa . This is good or swear? Kindly guide me

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed prostrate cancer stage III T3C

Hey guys, I guess we are all here for the same s****y diagnosis a dude can ever get. I’m 59 yrs old and the saying use it or Lose doesn’t ring true to me. My wife and I are having sex on almost a daily basis and it’s a huge component in our relationship. This is my 3rd marriage but should have been …

Last reply
  • PI RADS score of 4

I recently had a 3T MRI and the score was 4. There is a 6mm lesion on the left apex. Of  course they are pushing for a biopsy but I'm not going to have one due to my other health issues. Does anyone have any good statistics on what percentage of subsequesnt biopsies are positive for PCA …

Last reply
  • Hi Good Evening ....Bumps what can they be

Hi My boyfriend just noticed some bumps by his Anus. What could they be? Now he cant sleep thinking about it and keeps bugging me on what they could be. Plz help i have included a picture Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in …

Last reply
  • Looking for NYC Doctor for Radical Prostatectomy

My name is Keith Nice to meet all of you I have read quite few of your comments and I am grateful for your responses to people in need ! I would like to ask you some questions if ok with you I hope ! ?  Here is my background  I am 59 excellent physical shape  my PSA . 4.6 . My …

Last reply
  • Should I have a prostate biopsy?

Introduction I’m 70 and have a PSA which was at 4.6 when I was 66, and while it has been regularly monitored over the past 18 months or so has been moving up and down between 6 and 7.  My doctor thought that I should be referred and I have had two hpital appointments, but I have so far …

Last reply
  • CA prostate

A 79yo anorexic male complains of thirst and fatigue. He has symptoms of frequency, urgency and terminal dribbling. His urea and creatinine levels are high. His serum calcium is 1.9 and he is anemic. His BP is 165/95 mmHg. What is the most probable dx? Now the answer says it's CA prostate but …

Last reply
  • 2nd Opinion Pathology

Thank You generous members who have posted their stories ! Very Helpful !  I received my 2nd opinionon the Pathologist's Report from John Hopkins . Dr Epstein Although I have yet to speak to him It appears my biopsies have been upgraded to some degree from the initial Pathologist's …

Last reply
  • Prostate template biopsy

Hi, has anyone had s prostate template biopsy? I am due to have one in 3 weeks. After an mri scan it showed up two abnormalities pirad 3. My urologist recommended this biopsy to be on the safe side. Should I be worried? Also what is the recovery time from this biopsy and when can I get back to work? …

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with prostate cancer and worried!!!

Dear all, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few days ago and my urologist says, after introducing the results of the biopsy, that I need treatment. My last PSA was 5.76 and out of 12 cores, I have 6 cancerous cores. All are grade T2 and their Gleason scale score is 3+3=6. My urologist says …

Last reply
  • Watchful waiting, Running out of options!

Hi everyone, My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer 9 year's ago. He had radiotherapy and all was well for a few years til his psa started to rise again in 2015 he was then put on hormone treatment like injections and after a while they stopped doing the job & he was switched to …

Last reply
  • Biopsy in 2 weeks

So I went to my new Urologists and mentioned all the test you guys mentioned here and while he said those are good test none are as definitive as a biopsy. I know everyone tolerates pain different but on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst. How bad was it for you?

Last reply
  • I am worried

My father had TURP on December 17. After biopsy we came to know that he had adenocarcinoma with Gleason score 2+4 . After bone scan came to know he had bone mets also. Doctor prescribed Zoladex for January and February Zometa every month Casodex daily In April 2018 PSA was 0.978 I his last …

Last reply
  • Rise in testosterone levels

I am 75 male diagnosed 18 months ago w gleeson score 9. Grade Tb3.Finished the radiation 37 applications and now on ADT 6 monthly injections ,Diptherline, recent 1/4 ly tests has my PSA stable at .037 but my testosterone level has spiked from <2.7 to 13.67. My urologist is concerned with the …

Last reply
  • Efficacy and thoughts about Flomax

Well I made an appointment to see the doctor who did my Fusion biopsy. He actually listened to what I had to say and when I mentioned that I had a cystoscopy done by another urologist in his practice he actually looked up the results. The urologist who did this is House cookie as noted that the …

Last reply
  • New discovery

My mri conclusion after a 5.2 psa states: the prostate peripheral zone appearing diffusely heterogenously-hypointense on t2 images along with a diffuse early enhancementin the PZ. This makes assessment for focal pathology difficult. PIRADS 3. A small lesion in periurethral location at central …

Last reply
  • Prostrate radiation, Painful Burning

Prostrate Radiation, Painful Burning I have had 10 treatments Of EBRT, My Concern: It is beginning to be very painful while urinating with a burning sensation, and the pain lingers afterwards . At first it was tolerable, now the pain is beginning to be an issue with me...(very painful) and it …

Last reply
  • Pi-RAD score of 5

Just had an MRI scan of the prostate. At follow up consultant casually said I’m surprised you are PI-RAD 5 with such a low PSA! Didn’t have a clue what that meant just remembered it so I could google it afterwards! He didn’t seem at all concerned so at the time neither was I? I’m booked in next …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.