Skip to content

Prostate Cancer

Also known as Cancer - Prostate

All discussions in this group

Next
  • TURP and cancer

I've been having recurrent urine infection from 2008. Being under urology clinic treatments and investigation and was diagnosed with enlarged prostate. After 3 weeks of having a TURP I was told I had a mild prostate cancer. The doctor referred me for another biopsy to see if the Timor is still in...

Last reply
  • K2K K2K

Having a TURP in March....

I'm in the final stages of Metastatic Prostate Cancer...My flow has just about dried up and as a result have been passing kidney stones as my bladder is only purging 45% urine.. I'm having the TURP procedure to give my urether more flow from the enlarged prostate.... I'm just a bit worried...

Last reply
  • What to make of this?

Any opinions?. I'm 59. Every year PSA was between .6 and .9 until May 5/2016-PSA .9 5/2017-PSA 2.3 6/2017-PSA 1.7 8/1/2017-PSA 3.9 8/17/2017-3TMRI Pi Rads 3 8/25/2017-4KScore(PSA 1.8--96% Neg) 8/29/2017-normal DRE  1/31/2018-PSA 2.4

Last reply
  • Biopsy in 2 weeks

So I went to my new Urologists and mentioned all the test you guys mentioned here and while he said those are good test none are as definitive as a biopsy. I know everyone tolerates pain different but on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst. How bad was it for you?

Last reply
  • Sudden relapse incontenece

I had radical prostectomy 9 weeks ago. I had gained almost complete control of bladder, few dribble while coughing etc. and had no overnight problems. Now although my daytime problems have remained almost non existent, I have complete loss of control at night.p (while asleep)  I completely soak...

Last reply
  • MRI PI-RADS scoring

Hi  Can anyone tell me more about PI-Rads scoring after an MRI scan on the prostate.  My husband has been graded a 4 and it waiting for a biopsy the one done under a general anaesthetic.  I have not been able to find out much about it other than 4 means very likely that clinically significant...

Last reply
  • Possible symptoms or something else

Hey guys, I got a few questions about symptoms. I know Google is my friend but sometimes it will have you thinking you dead already. Just to refresh you guys. I'm 49 yr old AA and my Psa is 4.74 down from 5 but I had some other stuff going on that I'm wondering if any of you experienced this...

Last reply
  • BBC news today

As I'm sure some of you have already seen this is the main headline on the BBC news website today - www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42890405

Last reply
  • newly diagnosed - advice appreciated

Hello, My husband was just diagnosed this week with prostate cancer.  Biopsy results indicate: 12 cores taken, 6 are positive for cancer.   Right apex - 10% occupied Right base - 30% occupied Left base - 10% occuied We are waiting for an appointment to see the oncologist, however, his...

Last reply
  • How am I doing? What should I be doing?

I'm at the 2-month anniversary of my prostatectomy. I'm in a community that is void of a support group, but I have managed to find a few men who have gone through this and, of course, I frequently read or participate in the  discussion forums here. I'm eager to learn how I'm doing....

Last reply
  • enlarged prostate?

I'm 34, male, healthy BMI, and no known conditions, i.e.non diabetic although my father has diabetes type 2 (diagnosed in mid 50s).. I am taking mirtazipine for the last 2 months and have had anxiety/depression on and off for many years.  The last month or so I've woken up in the early...

Last reply
  • New to group

Hello guys, new here. African American male age 49. Just got the news that my PSA was 4.74 it was 5 back in Sept but my urologists told me to give it 3 months and come back because I had prostatitis at the time. My prostate is actually fine but that psa level. So now I need to get a biopsy done. I'm...

Last reply
  • Pi-RAD score of 5

Just had an MRI scan of the prostate. At follow up consultant casually said I’m surprised you are PI-RAD 5 with such a low PSA! Didn’t have a clue what that meant just remembered it so I could google it afterwards! He didn’t seem at all concerned so at the time neither was I? I’m booked in next week...

Last reply
  • ED after RP

Hi Guys I'm 16 months after my Operation/surgery. Can't raise anything down below in a natural way. My surgeon told me he managed to spare Nerves on one side. Thinking of using argenine suplements to get things going. I'd try anything. I Do use the Vacuum pump but would rather try other options....

Last reply
  • Can this be a sign of Prostate cancer

So im having an issue with the color of my seman. Its a very light brown color. Not dark or red. There is no pain when i Ejaculate. and when I urinate there is only a very slight burn. which has always seemed to be there. A little about me. 6'0 238 lbs. Over all healthy. Physically active. I jog...

Last reply
  • caffeine and urination

They say that drinking coffee and tea can cause increased urine production, is there a way to actually measure this?   Like say you drank 2 litres of tea would you void exactly 2 litres or more at some point?  Would you total urine output for the day be increased?

Last reply
  • Seeking advice re increasing PSA values

I am a 74 Y.O male with heart disease and pre diabetic. Six months ago I realised that I was having problems urinating and requested a PSA test via my GP. The result was 8.5. Today it was over 17 ie the value has doubled over the last six months, despite my taking daily dosages of Duodart. My Urologist...

Last reply
  • Prostate Cancer questions on behalf of my dad

Hi, my dad was diagnosed with advanced stage prostate cancer 2.5 years ago when he was 80. I have since been trying to gain as much understanding as possible, but some things are not always clear and due to work committments I can’t accompany my dad to appointments (my mum tends to go with him and then...

Last reply
  • Severe Burning When Urination Prostate Radiation

i had Cyberknife radiation treatments (5 total treatments) for prostate cancer a little over one year ago. The 12 month after the treatments I have severe burning pain in my penis when urinating and it lasts a couple of minutes after completion. I have frequency of urination and up 4 times a night. My...

Last reply
  • New drug

How are you feeling after taking the drug Tookad Soluble for early stage prostate cancer treatment? Have you noticed any side effects to the drug?

Last reply
  • Tibial nerve stimulation for treating nocturia

Hello I completed a course of radiotherapy (EBRT) for prostate cancer 4 weeks ago, and am still having to get up to pee 4 or 5 times every night (nocturia). The various remedies which my GP has recommended (tolteredine, betmiga, tamsulosin) have no effect, and the tolterdine made me feel awful, so I...

Last reply
  • Groin and thigh pain following radical prostatectomy

Does anyone suffer with the same severe low back, thigh and groin pain as I have been for the past seventeen months following my radical prostatectomy. I am fine for the first twenty minutes of walking or general activity before the pains starts and increases in intensity if I don't stop.  I...

Last reply
  • Trimix penile injections questions

I recently had an appointment with my urologist with the understanding they were going to run some ultrasound tests to monitor blood flow in the penile area. I was all for it because I thought they were going to try to determine what has been causing my pelvic pain. To my surprise I found out that it...

Last reply
  • Lymphocele after prostatectomy

I had prostatectomy 4 weeks ago. All seemed to be fine except 1 week after removing catether and leaving hospital, I started having terrible thigh, hip and sciatic nerve pains each time I walked hardly 10 min. My doctor drained some fluid from the pelvic area, says it's a lymphocele and sent me...

Last reply
  • Leakage post robotic prostatectomy

6 weeks post robotic prostatectomy and there is still enough leakage that I have to wear diapers. I was hoping I'd use a pad by now. Any advice/thoughts/personal experience appreciated. Thanks

Last reply
  • Testicular tenderness post prostatectomy

I had my prostate removed (robot assisted prostatecyomy) nearly three weeks ago and 8 days ago had my catheter removed (11 days post op). Coincidental with the catheter removal, I began to get very sensitive testicles which have got no less sensitive over the eight least eight days. Looking up vasectomies...

Last reply
  • Recovery after robotic prostate cancer removal

Hi i had robotic prostate cancer surgery 6 weeks ago, im 65 years old and leakage is really making my life difficult. My am becoming more depressed every day as im not seeing any improvement. My family is suffering because im not who i used to be and dont really leave the house. Has anyone experienced...

Last reply
  • Penile pain after RP

I am now in week 3 after RP and have a pain at the end of my penis, is this normal? My doctor tells me it is but I think its getting worse?

Last reply
  • research on causes/links

I've heard that prostate cancer in those below 40 (or even 50) can be very aggressive, is that right? And often it is only discovered in the later stages and therefore more difficult to treat? Surely though, if it is that aggressive then the men who have got it at this age would have realised something...

Last reply
  • Nerve damage from robotic PR.

PR by robotic 3-30-17. Took 5 months to get off Gabipentin and get continence back. Had 6 sessions of radiation and was then back to sq one as to pain and incontinence. Now back on Gabapentin and having leakage again. Hormones have the cancer in check as psa readings all 0 less than .5 Med oncology dr...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.