Skip to content
Ad

Prostate Cancer

Also known as Cancer - Prostate

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pi-RAD score of 5

Just had an MRI scan of the prostate. At follow up consultant casually said I’m surprised you are PI-RAD 5 with such a low PSA! Didn’t have a clue what that meant just remembered it so I could google it afterwards! He didn’t seem at all concerned so at the time neither was I? I’m booked in next week...

Last reply
  • Suprapubic catheter and winter weather

I will be traveling this winter to Norway to take the Northern Lights cruise. I will be fitted with the Suprapubic by that time. I would like information on how to deal with it wearing winter thermal clothing.  I am sure I will be exposed to severe winter weather at one time or another for brief...

Last reply
  • Gleason 9 Im having pain in my thighs

I am 49. My prostate cancer was diagnosed in February 2017.  I have done the Eligard hormone therapy, Casodex tabs, external radiation, and brachyterapy (seed implant).  My psa is 6.5. My Gleason was 9.  The doctor said many nodules are present.  When I tell the doctors what I am...

Last reply
  • Am I entitled to a PSA test should I want one ?

I would like a PSA test done so that I have an idea of my level and also to have a base figure should it go up at a future date.  I don't have any symptoms but would like peace of mind.  I chatted to a nurse at my local doctors surgery who said they do not do them unless you have symptoms,...

Last reply
  • Embolisation - your experiences?

Hi, my uncle, who is at the stadium of gleason 3 + 4, is considering treatment by embolization. Has any of you tried it? What are your experiences? Is it worth trying? Is it good treatment? Thanks for any help. Greetings from Poland.

Last reply
  • Is this how PC presents itself?

Just turned 38 and I have had an inflamed prostate on and off for several years.  In 2015 to early 2016 I struggled almost every day with prostatitis as I had lower back pain, pain while sitting, sometimes after ejaculating. The last few months it has been similar but I also have pain in on the...

Last reply
  • Low Dose Radiation Seed Implants - Brachytherapy... My Journey

I posted my beginning story last week as being diagnosed in October of 2015. Low Risk, early stage, PSA of 6.2, Gleason score of 3+3=6. No symptoms relating to prostate cancer or prostate problems. After the biopsy, I developed prostatitis which was not fun and very uncomfortable - I took anitbiotics...

Last reply
  • Pi RADS score of 4 & 5 and biopsy?

I've had acute rectal pain going on for about 2 years which I initially thought was prostate related but my prostate wasn't sore with the digital examination. My Pi RADS a year ago was 3 and the one I just had last Friday was four and five. I guess I finally do need a biopsy but unfortunately...

Last reply
  • Pelvic Pain 10 months following radical prostatectomy

I'm 68 years old and had a RP in December 2016. My Gleason had been 3=4, first PSA was undetectable and six month later was .1 I've had pelvic pain throughout whereby it hurts to sit down, especially on hard surfaces. Standing or lying down is fine. I've carried a cushion around with me and...

Last reply
  • New drug

How are you feeling after taking the drug Tookad Soluble for early stage prostate cancer treatment? Have you noticed any side effects to the drug?

Last reply
  • PI RADS score of 4

I recently had a 3T MRI and the score was 4. There is a 6mm lesion on the left apex. Of  course they are pushing for a biopsy but I'm not going to have one due to my other health issues. Does anyone have any good statistics on what percentage of subsequesnt biopsies are positive for PCA with...

Last reply
  • PET SCAN with AXUMEN

A couple of weeks ago I was in conversation with someone in this blog and I have forgotten who it was with (my apologies) and he asked me to get back with him after it was performed. So, The PET SCAN with AXUMEN was the same as a regular PET Scan.  Get an IV, they shoot you up with the radioactive...

Last reply
  • Follow-up scans during treatment?

Hello Age 75, I was diagnosed with PCa in February this year (T3a, NO, Gleason score 8, PSA 3.3), despite my PSA being in the normal range, and my testosterone levels very low. Apparently this implies that my cancer is probably an 'aggressive' one. I have been on hormone therapy (Zoladex) since...

Last reply
  • Should I have a prostate biopsy?

Introduction I’m 70 and have a PSA which was at 4.6 when I was 66, and while it has been regularly monitored over the past 18 months or so has been moving up and down between 6 and 7.  My doctor thought that I should be referred and I have had two hpital appointments, but I have so far decided...

Last reply
  • prostate surgery consequences

I am frightened about prostate surgery complications --  leaking urine is more concerning that diminished sex life. I need to go back to work.  I have a lot of interaction with the public. I have long days at the office, etc    So give me the best case scenarios -- 6 days, 6 weeks,...

Last reply
  • Acute Prostatitis

I completed 43 radiation treatments (EBRT) on March 31 2017. Almost 6 months later. (YESTERDAY) 9-19-2017. I was diagnosed with Prostatitis. I went to my Family doc thinking I had a bladder or urinary infection, urinating was very painful. Turns out I had Prostatitis. now I have 4 weeks of antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Cancer scare

I'm a 52 year old man who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two years ago. This past February 2017 I was peeing more than I thought I should , so I went into the doctor. They found microscopic hematuria in my urine. With my age and smoking history they sent me to a urologist.  They did another...

Last reply
  • Post Surgery-cancer spread

Looking for any advice on approaches to cancer spreading outside of the prostate. My Dad was at his one week post op appt and the doctor said the cancer spread outside of the prostate. His course of treatment is for my Dad to come back in 3 months for another PSA. To me and my siblings this seems like...

Last reply
  • Post radical prostatectomy recovery

I had my prostate removed on Sept. 21, (I am writing this on Nov. 21), so it has been 2 months. My catheter did not want to come out at first, so it was in for just under 4 weeks. I was wondering how long it takes for bladder control to cease being a problem. Right now I am getting by using Depends guards,...

Last reply
  • MRI PI-RADS scoring

Hi  Can anyone tell me more about PI-Rads scoring after an MRI scan on the prostate.  My husband has been graded a 4 and it waiting for a biopsy the one done under a general anaesthetic.  I have not been able to find out much about it other than 4 means very likely that clinically significant...

Last reply
  • Anyone heard of injections for erections being in short supply

Hi all, went with hubby today supposedly for a seminar on how the injections work and how to use them. Turned out they had booked us into the wrong seminar - this was for patients 6 weeks post op. Nurse apologised but said that injections are in short supply and it is nationwide and there will be no...

Last reply
  • Zometa

I had Zometa infusion yesterday and to day I have a very bad back & rib pain.irresistible! Do anybody had experienced this. I have a small met in pelvis....no pain there. Thanks all!

Last reply
  • PSA 12 after 12 year of prostate removal

My father had a prostate removal from 12 years. After peeing problem he did a PSA test and the score is 11.94 . the doctor suggeestt an MRI and the score was pirads 4 in the region in contact with.vesicul seminal and pirads 3 in 3 other regions. After that we did a transrectal biopsy echo guided and...

Last reply
  • Scar tissues and abdominal adhesions

Anyone experienced scar tissues and abdominal adhesions after radical prostatectomy? I seem to have them and they are disturbing my disgestive system tremendously: bloating, and some intestinal pains that come and go.  No constipation, very light and rare diarreha.   I had a serious infection...

Last reply
  • Prostate Cancer has reurned

Years ago I had prostate cancer and I thought I was cured, but recently it has come back. I summarize my position. I would like to discuss my cancer.  Is this the right place, and how do I proceed? Any ideas? %%% %%%   Dec 1994: PSA 10 Jan 1995: Biopsy negative Apr 2001: PSA 21.7; Biopsy negative,...

Last reply
  • Advanced Stage (Stage 4) Prostrate Cancer

My dad (age 58 years) was diagnosed with Stage IV prostate cancer 2 weeks ago. He also has DVT and he is on Clexane 0.6mg twice a day. Doctor had immediately started Caluran 50mg thrice a day after biopsy was done. His PSA reduced from 72.5 to 60 after medication. Doctors suggested hormonal treatment...

Last reply
  • Post RARP Salvage Treatment

I had a RARP 3/28/2017.  NO COMPLICATIONS, FEEL great, kept my weight down, been active except not exercising (lazy).  Improving with urinary incontinence.  Had Gleason score 4/3-7.  Post surgery biopsy all margins clear.  First PSA  10 weeks post op .15. ...

Last reply
  • Post prostate removal surgery pain

Had robotic removal prostate surgery 3-30-17. Have had constant pain in the prostate cavity area . Pain kept me from doing the kegels until I doubled up on pain meds(Gabapentin 300 mg four times a day. Almost pain free after 3 months and had reached normal bladder control. Now after 5 radiation sessions,...

Last reply
  • Anyone else pass on a biopsy, even if MRI shows lesions?

Hi Terry, I tend to lean your way, I just had two lesions show up on a T3 MRI, I was clear on the same test 3 yrs ago.  So now I must decide on whether to have a biopsy or just do active surveillance with maybe followup mri,  I have requested the mri's because I have low platelets and am...

Last reply
  • HIFU Treatment didn't work

I had HIFU treatment in March 2015. At that time, my psa was 7.31. The biopsy showed 9 samples out of 12 had a gleason score of 7 and 8, and a tumor grade T2C. I had the whole gland ablated. After the treatment, the psa was close to 0. Two and a half years later, it climbed to 5.5. HIFU could work on...

Last reply
  • Prostate Cancer

Sooo about 10 months ago I started having odd tailbone area pain that was worse upon sitting. After a couple months I went to get an MRI done. It showed 2 tiny "lesions" in the sacral bone region about 6-7mm in size. Doctor sent me for a nuclear bone scan - which showed nothing at all. So nothing...

Last reply
  • PSA

I just received a PSA of 2.3. It was .9 last year at this time. The doctor will take another one in 6 weeks. Should I be worried?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.