LONG WAIT

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, My husband had an MRI on Dec 15th. Never heard from the Dr until Jan 17th. Has a 2.6 cm growth with a PIRAD 5 score. his PSA is 12.9. The Dr says the growth is worrisome. When my husband called to get the appointment for the biopsy they gave him a date of March 2nd..I think that is way too long to wait. It could be an aggressive cancer...Am I wrong???

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i had this with NHS. I had PSA 12.0, MRI in 4 weeks then biopsy in August 21 but then silence from the local hospital until February 22. Luckily the doctor that did the biopsy, which was done at a different hospital than the one i had the MRI at, had sent a digital letter to my GP which i was copied on, and was able to find out no PCa found. Suggest you try to find the direct dial phone number for the urology administrators at the hospital, they will then sort it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.