PROSTATE CANCER WITHOUT A PROSTATE

Posted , 1 user is following.

It's been a long time and everything here has changed so much and I forgot passwords and a lot more. I felt I had enough "patient" issues for an average life but once again find I need help to combat medical procedures that have a community perspective rather than an interest in my survival.

I will be 80 next month. My BPH and PCa story goes back a long way and most of it has been reported here before. From May 1988 prostate conditions and PSAs were monitored and treated. Initial treatment was via the Alpha blocker Prazosin (Minipress). When the condition became a little more inconvenient I sought an increase in Prazosin but was told greater volume of use had not been researched. Duodart was recommended together with the Prazosin and both were used for 12 months March 2013 to March 2014. This new drug combined another form of Alpha blocker, Tamosulin and Dutasteride. The latter was supposed to reduce the Prostate volume by manipulation to its cell structure. I am told that Prazosin and Tamosulin are different compounds and that the overall overuse of Alpha blockers would not have contributed to the progression from BPH to PCa. That the increased major PCa occurrences in Duodart users is due to greater detection of Cancers from the then smaller sized Prostates during biopsies. The 12 months use of the drug failed in the size reduction promise. This left me with the consideration the gland’s cell structure changes may have achieved something else.

My highest PSA was 3.8 in April 2009. In June 2015 it climbed from 1.15 to 2.62 prompting a MRI that detected PCa in specific locations in the Prostate. Three targeted and 17 random cores were extracted. There were extreem volumes of bloodpassed in urine, stools and seamen for more than a week. No doubt PCa infection was carried throughout my entire body within the blood flow. Only the 2 MRI identified “as likely cancer” were reported as cancerous. The gland was removed 5 November 2015. The op went OK but there were substantial Hospital treatment problems. There were several further ops, severe fungal infections and ongoing unbarable incontinence.

Post-op monitoring was within range for a considerable time then PSA went from 0.01 to 0.02 and 0.03 before 0.06 in June 2022 and 0.13 in January 2023. While I have to reach 0.2 before referral to Urologist it appears likely PCa has returned to bones or organ. I was always concerned when I, post-op, discovered the impropper drug prescribing and the dangers of biopsies. I read that the spreading of PCa in biopsies was not considered a problem. They said this was proved by the fact that the death rate from Pancreatic Cancer was the same for those that had biopsies in that regard and those that had not. This never inspired any confidence in me as death rates from such a different comparison was so irrelevant. A look at the number of Urologists having Prostate biopsies perhaps?

My Daughters both discontinued Covid-19 shots after the seconds. I went the full 4 and would likely have gone on with what is to come. I felt as a community we all needed to comply in an endeavour to reach a less than one R/0. Thoughts of my Duodart and biopsy treatment make that issue too somewhat uncertain. There could well be reasonable mistrust on all three. Well all that is in the past and cannot be altered now. It simply proves to me that medical advice cannot be trusted on its own. I need to know what is likely ahead of me and what treatment I should expect or avoid. From Radical Prostatectomy November 2015 to PSA 0.13 without Prostate in January 2023 where am I at now? I was originally told PCa could surface elsewhere else any time in the next 10 years and I am likely there after 7. Does anyone have any timeline figures to indicate what is ahead of me?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.