Am I doomed ? Unusual high PSA levels while everything seems normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi to everybody

I will start describing the situation. I am 53 years and I consider not having any other issues besides the ones I will describe

I started taking TRT injections around 10 months ago since my testosterone levels where going down (below 2)

I have issues with my testicles since I have azoospermia along with smaller size testicles due to cryptorchidism... anyway ...my left testicle is almost non existent

Around a month ago while I was ready to receive my 4th injection I noticed that my PSA level was slightly over 4 : 4.03

My urologist right away prescriber antibiosis and I was pretty confident that this was another prostate infection or similar case like I had a few years ago with PSA : 3.39...back then it returned to around 1.3 -1.7

Anyway I was sure that this was an infection that antibiotics will treat it nicely.

Yesterday I had PSA tested and it was skyrocketed to 9.66

I am pretty depressed since I have checked just about everything and it looks I have aggressive prostate cancer.

I already scheduled MRI to check but I am pretty confident that it will go bad....

I have almost 0 other symptoms like problems in urination or pain or something... the only noticeable things was a dramatic decline in sexual desire (Testosterone was 2.5 yesterday) and strangely an unusual hard time to ejaculate ...it requires quite a few minutes compared to the past.

It is well known that these are things to discuss with a professional but if there is an expert around here I would like to hear his/her opinion

Anyway TIA

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

You shouldn't worry too much as the PSA test is an indicator you might have PCa. My local hospital doesnt accept PCa referrals unless PSA is over 10.0. Mine hovers around 2.0-4.5 but has peaked at 8.6, 7.11 and 12.0 in the past. I had to have a biopsy when it peaked at 12.0 and the result was negative for PCa.

• Posted

I hope everything turned out well for you. DO NOT succumb to fear. It helps drive profits and does nothing positive for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.