PSA spike

Posted , 4 users are following.

at age 75 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. psa was 5.88 and Gleason score 4+3 = 7. I am now 81 years of age. And my psa went from 0.2 to 0.36. I haven't seen any Urologist as of yet. But this concerns me that my Cancer has returned. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

BTW... I had 43 fractions of radiation. when treated.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My psa went from .83 to .99 last test but nobody seems bothered. Before rt it was 7.3 and rising, G7 (3+4.) Check with your Urologist and or Dr if you are worried. I have psa tests every 6 months and rt was 3 years ago. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I see a Urologist Jan. 12. My age (81) I am not looking forward to anymore radiation. It seems our case is somewhat similar.

• Posted

Hello. Did you see your Urologist? I am interested in his comments.

• Posted

It seems like your PSA is not very high, "my psa went from 0.2 to 0.36". I would see a urologist but he may want you to do watchful waiting a while longer. Keep getting the PSA checked periodically. If it gets too high you might look into a 3 Tesla MRI, followed by a targeted biopsy if cancer is suspected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.