5 Days of stomach distress and no improvement

Posted , 5 users are following.

All started 5 days ago, Went to bed and 1 minute I was burning up, then I was freezing cold, woke up, heavy head and neck and stomach distress!

Constant visits to the porcelain throne, feel like I need to go, but hardly anything comes out of me, I've had this sickly feeling non-stop in my gut and uncomfortableness around my belly button area, when I have eaten Im having to dash off to the toilet - very gassy tiny stools and rabbit pellet types??? I've drunk loads of water, tried some boiled veg and fibre but nothing seems to be helping, Can't empty my bowels, its like having constipation and diarrhoea at the same time, hardly any gas I've noticed but I feel bloated. I've been stuck indoors all day ever since it started and I don't want to eat and drink as not sure whats helping and what isn't. Also can't get to the doctor as feel like I need to be near the toilet all the time

I've had upset belly before but never lasted this long, I went to the docs last month regarding bad diarrhoea and had a stool test with nothing showing but this seems to be the opposite of that, also very uncomfortable lying down, better sitting down or with knees up to chest.

sorry to ramble just feel so fed up with it all!!1

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

sorry to hear that.

do not try too much. stress and anxiety will not help.

bland food and do not think too much. sound like food poisoning to me. it cantake anywhere from coupple days to few w3eks to recover.

but its a slow process. meanwhile keep eating bland food no alcohol and no smoke

yake

• Posted

I must admit I thought it was food poisoning but didn't think it would go on this long. I don't drink or smoke so thats ok, will try the bland foods but seems like everytime I eat or drink I get the feeling I want to go to toilet

• Posted

There could be many reasons for your condition. Reasons for not seeing a doctor will not make you better.

• Posted

I've done the NHS 111 and spoken to a doctor but your right I probably need to visit my GP.

The doctor I spoke to said it sounded like a virus

• Posted

Lester, its an online service so he just gave me some pointers, have made doctors appointment now!!

• Posted

Sounds like a stomach infection since you have had a temperature. Take plenty of rest, stay hydrated and stick to bland food. Wait a week and see what happens.

• Posted

Thankyou, just the discomfort is what gets to me the most, like someone has whacked me in the stomach. i did try some sprite as read that can help, we will see...

Off to the docs later so I will see .......

• Posted

I would avoid gassy drinks like Sprite; they can make gut problems worse.. I would try milk to settle your stomach and water to hydrate you. Milk is very bland and it becomes a solid when it enters your stomach.

• Posted

Only leave out dairy if you are intolerant to it. If you can tolerate it, include in your diet. It is very good for the digestion . My doctor told me to exclude oranges because it was something new in my diet and he thought it was causing my stomach pain. Cutting out oranges made me worse, so I went back on them and felt better.

• Posted

Latest is i've been prescribed Metronizadole and awaiting a blood test...... we shall see

• Posted

Sounds like your doctor suspects a bacterial infection of some sort. However, the antibiotic you are on, also known as Flagyl, can cause nausea and vomiting, so be aware of that. Has your doctor suggested what kind of infection he thinks you have?

• Posted

No, I don't think they like to say until further investigations have been done

• Posted

That's strange, my doctors always told me what they were testing for without me asking. I would ask your doctor what they are looking for and they will probably tell you. Finding out this information will reassure you and you will know where you stand. Some doctors don't volunteer information unless you push them for answers.

• Posted

To be honest, I'm sure ill get answers when the blood results are in. tummy not so painful etc today but feeling very nauseous probably antibiotics)

• Posted

Maybe ask your doctor to change your antibiotic since it is making you nauseous.

• Posted

I've only taken 4 metranidazole so do you think they'd be working yet, felt a bit better this morning but from this afternoon have felt really sick and getting lower back discomfort as well. Feel very uncomfortable especially when standing up. Don't know whether to take the rest of todays meds or not

• Posted

Follow the dosage instructions that will be on a label attached to the front of the medication bottle. These are your doctor's instructions.With antibiotics, you need to finish the course to make sure the infection has cleared up. However, if you are having nasty side effects, you should phone your doctor for advice and say your are not tolerating the medication. Your doctor may be able to change the antibiotics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.