5 days post-hysterectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I am 5 days post-hysterectomy and other than being exhausted all the time, i couldnt be happier. Originally my gynaecologist thought he was going to have to take my ovaries as well as my uterus/cervix but to my delight it didnt end up that way. I did go into anaphylactic shock during the surgery which was unexpected but all has worked out. My fibroid is gone and hopefully my pain and bleeding with it. Now to lay low for a while to recover and life should be good again. 😀😀👍

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm so pleased for you. Remember to take an easy and get your strength back.

• Posted

Great news, so good to hear when things go well, take it easy and hopefully have a good recovery.
  • Posted

Glad to hear you are through the operation Shelly. Great news. Take it easy now in these early weeks as its vital for the best recovery. Keep your special socks on, use the dialy injections to prevent clots, build up movement like walking around first just the house, then short walks outside, keep as mobile as you can but no lifting, don't be tempted not even a kettle for the first few weeks. Take care. Gods speed. x

• Posted

Glad you're ok, rest up and take it easy. The time whizzes by. I am now 6wks post op!!

• Posted

Hi Shelly, can I ask how big your fibroid was please? My is 9/10 cm big and I am still hoping to keep my uterus. Why did you go for hysterectomy and not myomectomy please? Thanks.
    • Posted

My fibroid was 7mm the last time it was measured. I tried to have it removed by itself last October but It was embedded in the muscle so it wouldnt be removed on its own. I had a lot of other issues as well, that made the hysterectomy the right decision. I dont regret it for a minute.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. 

I wish you to get well soon and thank you for sharing your experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.