5 days post op TAH with BSO

Posted , 8 users are following.

I came home saturday and seem to have spent most of my time asleep! I was very anxious prior to surgery and thought all the anxiety twitching would go away post op! But it hasn't I find it hard to keep on task simple things like watching TV sending a text! It's taken over an hour to write this! Seam to suffer a lot of sweating with all the sleeping any suggestions?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Or am I 4 days post op? Had surgery on Wednesday 20th may!
  • Posted

I am just 3weeks post hysterectomy. The first 2 weeks I  would wake up at 8  but still tired and didn't get up till 10. Just about had enough energy to have a shower. By 12.30 I could have nodded of but forced myself to have lunch and stay awake till 2 then rested in bed till 5. So quite normal to be very tired. I think the GA is still coming out of our system plus the body gets tired trying to heal. This third week I am less tired but get very sore in the scar area and experiencing more pain. This is because the scar is beginning to heal apparently. There is no way I could go to work or drive a car.

• Posted

Hello Rsarahj... I just hit 5 weeks post and yes it is normal first 2 weeks very tired. I am just now starting to feel normal but only function 70 to 80 percent. It is hard and painful in lower part of abdomen but slow walk. I pushed my body at 3 weeks and was in lots in pain doctor scolded me. Lol...listen to your body if tired rest let others help. I have had the best support son, mom, husband, friends and neighbors. I am doubting I return to work though on my 8th week due to pain and work conditions. head up and god bless
  • Posted

I m now 13 weeks post op and was discharged at six weeks.  I was really tired in the early days but weeks later still not back to normal energy levels. I mentioned this and was told it can take up to twelve weeks.  I ve actually been fine from about seven weeks.  Hang in there.  Things will get better.     😌.      Claire
  • Posted

Hi rsarahj,

i had my op on the 14th and like you incredibly anxious, the relief of it  behind me was unbelievable, I too was really tired and sleepy for the first week just wondered what tablets are you taking as didn't like being on  Tramadol and got off them as quick as I could.

indidnt think I was moving forward either for the first week as it was slow then some light, it's very early days for you and it will be slow but sure, the lovely ladies on this site are so helpful and inspirational, so please don't over worry as you will soon be feeling more yourself.

love Ann x

• Posted

Hi. Just remember at least the op is over and now each week will get better. Only 4 days post op is very early days. Years ago you'd still be in hospital recovering at that stage. I felt awful for my first days but suddenly felt good at 1 week and made mistake of thinking I could do more because of it so just take it easy and give your body time to recover. I can't remember how old you are so how bso is likely to affect you. Were you given hrt at hospital. The shaking could be the anaesthetic. I always shake for first day. It maybe taking time to get out of your system. Wishing you a speedy recovery from here x
  • Posted

Hi Rsarahj

Glad you are home. Hope all went well.  Don't worry about not concentrating very well, it is just the anesthetic in your system, it will wear off.  Just get plenty of rest, with a few walks in between.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

what you are saying in normal for early days. The sweating will be hormones you will get something for that soon. Go with the tiredness and rest or sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.