5 days post operation and doing well

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had Anterior and posterior repair 5 days ago and I was so glad to have found this site beforhand with lots of good advice.

So to repeate try and make sure your bowels are fairly empty before the operation and only have a light diet the day before. My operation lasted 1 1/2 hours and I had a pack and catheter which was removed the following day. Make sure you sip water regularly after the operation and when the catheter is removed they will measure your urine. I must have drunk 5 5ml of water the day after but it did the trick and my bladder performed well. It is a little painful to pass urine at first and you have to wait to make sure your bladder is empty but it does get better and the more water you drink the better it gets. Came home the day after with panadol, movical and ibuprofen. Make sure you eat lots of fruit, I found mango does the trick for me and take movical. Had a bit of a bad day yesterday post BM and phoned the hospital who told me to have 3 movical a day and more if necessary. I did manage a BM in the evening and it was such a relief. Everything is very swollen and bruised as can be expected but I am so glad that I have had the operation. I haven't been in great pain but have been taking painkillers regularly. It is early days so cross fingers. I had a pessery ring fitted for 21 months before and it worked well but at 62 years old I thought that it was time to have the operation as the problem will never get better by it's self and it was making me feel old.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Daisy

so glad to hear you are doing well.   I'm 3 weeks post op and had a few problems at first but doing better now too.  I agree with you because I'm 66 and could not imagine wearing a pessary for the rest of my life!  

Take care.  

• Posted

Thanks, so glad that you are doing well, I think it will take a little while. I am giving myself a 3 months target but hope to be mobile in 6 weeks. Thank goodness I don't work but I am normally very active and fit so boredom will be a problem.
    • Posted

Keep busy because you will feel better and forget you need to heal!   It can take 1-2 years to completely heal inside.  So take it easy!   

I have been crocheting too, it's a good stress relief!  Take care. 

• Posted

Good to hear you're doing well daisy but don't go overdoing things. Rest is the best medicine.
    • Posted

Yes am really taking it easy and have decided to learn how to crochet to keep me occupied. There are all those Christmas presents to buy online to. At the moment I am so relieved it is over and just happy to sit and walk around a bit.
    • Posted

Thank heavens for online shopping. Keep in touch Daisy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.