5 Days Post Revision Surgery Left Knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was supposed to have total knee revision surgery 5 days ago on my left knee because after I had the knee replaced last year I tore my PCL and the new knee wasn't stable anymore. They were prepared to replace the entire implant but after opening me up and exploring around, they were able to find a different spacer that actually made my implant more stable. Long story short, instead of having to have the entire joint replaced, I only had to have the plastic spacer replaced. I'm already walking around without a walker or a cane. I am so tankful they didn't have to saw on any bone and that I don't have to go through months of excruciating pain during recovery. The muscles are sore but that's to be expected because they still had to open me up and flip my kneecap out of the way as if they were replacing the whole implant. Anyway, just had to share my good news. I'll update my progress in a couple of weeks. Wishing everyone a quick and pain free recovery. GOD BLESS!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Many Congratulations! I am expecting to need a revision so a success is good to hear!

• Posted

Wishing you a successful revision surgery, and a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible! Stay positive! You got this!

• Posted

Many Congratulations! I am expecting to need a revision so a success is good to hear!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.