5 mg increase, side effects.

Posted , 7 users are following.

5 days ago, I increased from 20 mg to 25 mg. Again I am feeling very poor.

Is it normal that an increase of just 5 mg generates hightened anxiety, fatigue etc?

Thanks

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am glad this thread was started. I upped my dose to 20 mg after being on 10 mg for a month.The increase was a week ago. The first few days of the higher dose I felt so great and thought I have this! Wow, on about day 4 I feel like I hit the wall. Anxiety, emotional, bad headaches, strange head sensation, sick at my stomach. I hope this passes soon. My internist and pdoc both said to give it a good 3-4 weeks. I increased my dose because I was still have a few hours of bad anxiety a couple of times a day. 
    • Posted

Hi Sissy

The last couple of months, I have crawled through hundreds of Citalopram topics. Again and again I see people feeling quite good the first couple of days after an increase, only to be hit hard at day 4-6. The delayed reaction surely must be caused by the build up and the half life of Citalopram.

• Posted

That is probably true. I am trying to just be patient and hope it works itself out. I am sure there are a lot of chemical changes going on and my body just has to adjust. 
  • Posted

For new users, it can be very long waiting time to see the effects,  I did not see significant improvement until 5 months later. After that, things got better quickly.  I am off medication now and living a happy, normal life every day.  Some physical symptoms are still with me, like tingle head scale sometime. I am used to it and ignore it. Be confident anxiety and depression are managable.  
    • Posted

Hi alvin

What dose was you on ?

I'm on week 12 20mg feel better than a few months ago but still not their 😀

• Posted

Congratulation for your improvement. You will be fully recovered soon as long as you have two good days in a row.  Enjoy your happy life.
  • Posted

Just remember just treat these physical symptoms as if you are having a cold or migrane or whatever not mental problems.  You will be free of concerns and have a good sleep. 
  • Posted

I was taking two tablets. Congratulation for your improvement. You will be fully recovered soon. Enjoy your happy life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.