5 month long crazy headache, please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have had an odd headache/neck pain for about 5 months now. It all started when i was in mass and I just felt overwhelming panic and fear come over me. My vision went blurry and i had to sit down and leave. Since then it has inly gotten worse. here is a list of my symptoms.

• clicking in neck when walking
  • clicking in neck when looking down
  • Spasm type feeling that comes and goes in back and near tail bone that twitches my legs and shoulders
  • Random hearing loss in one or both ears
  • Ear-ringing
  • Random spots on head get pins and needles feeling
  • Face gets random pins and needles feeling all over
  • Pain in upper neck where everything emanates from
  • Neck pain changes with position
  • Head rushes cause a lot of pain and happen randomly
  • When I close my eyes especially when laying down to sleep I feel like I’m spinning
  • Balance gets thrown off by odd jerking feeling that comes from neck and goes through body
  • Vision feels worse
  • I see random flashes of stars outside of my vision
  • I see stars when I do my first flip of the day
  • One eye feels pressured or like it’s being touched
  • Pressure pain in nose and ears when headache is bad
  • Random feeling of extreme panic
  • Crazy amount of deja vu
  • Has lasted for 5 months with no let up
  • Pain is constant and always there
  • Medicine doesn’t work

I have been to the neurologist, gotten two mris with and without contrast, i have had my neck x-rayed, been to the ENT, and been to the chiropractor. I am truly at a loss here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

have you had a lumbar puncture? If not best yo get that done too to rule out that cause of headache.

Try not to worry too much as stress just worsens it, I've had mine over 6 years now and I found medication that controls it (basically takes it away) so keep working with your Neuro to find one that works for you.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. No i have not had a lumbar puncture i am not too sure of what that is. Also do you know the cause of your own headache and is it similar to mine?

• Posted

Some people call it a low pressure headache, its worth asking about and its something else to rule out.

Mine is mainly pressure all around head, tinnitus, very sensitive scalp, spaced out feeling. this was 24/7 for several months before I found a medication that worked.

The only thing its been diagnosed as is NpDh new persistant daily headache. I had all the tests and more but nothing was found.

• Posted

I will be sure to ask about that. The only thing that keeps me constantly worried is the way it throws me off balance and makes my legs and arms twitch. Also what medication do you take if i may ask?

• Posted

I take Amitriptilyne which was the only thing that broke my headache. I am off it just now and sometime get a good 8-12 months headache free before i need to take them again. (it always comes back for me).

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.