5 months on Fibristal and no change

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Am almost at the end of my second course (5 months to date) of fibristal treatment and my uterus' size remains the same. In fact, I even fear the fibroids might have grown during the treatment as I feel them more with certain movements. My belly also looks bigger - I think. 

While the side effects have been pretty mild (with the excerption of the occasional hot flash and nigh sweats), I feel like I have bloated since started this medication. I run 30km per week, strenght train 5x/wk and eat carbs once a day. Yet I cant seem to get ahead of the weight. Its very frustrating. 

I wouldn't have mined the weight if the fibroids were shrinking, but they obviously aren't. Have any of you ladies had luck with this drug? If so, how long did you have to take it to see results. I wasn't expectign quick fix, but I feel 5-6months is enough time for a medication to work, i.e. if it will at all. My gyno wants me to do another 3month course, but am hesitant. If there was no change for 5 months, what will 3 more months do?.....so frustrating!

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I took fibristril in my30 s for one course and was ok. It worked to shrink fibroids by a little and stopped the bleeding back then. Now in my 40s started taking fibristril for the course of three months stopped it at two months couldn't move out of bed, was depressed couldn't even lift a milk carton I think it was giving me major muscle and joint pain which isn't listed on there as one of the side effects. So I stopped fibristril after two months. I get my period after and then since stopping fibristril I have bn bleeding for three months. And what's really weird is I might not bleed all day but at night I go lay down and I get heavy bleeding. So frustrating and weird. Any info on this anyone? I have been googling. Went to gyno he suggested a hysterectomy.

• Posted

did you get the hysterectomy?? I did but I still feel like I have side effects from the fibristal my brain always felt like it was shrinking while taking the pills and it still feels that way.

• Posted

If I were you, I would have my thyroid tested. There is a progesterone/thyroid hormone connection. I took Fibristal with great success. I felt wonderful on it. I wish I could go back on it actually, but I've already had 2 courses. If my fibroids grow back, and the government/doctor lobby/whatever doesn't get it banned, I'll do my best to go back on it.

• Posted

Just a bit background of my case. My uterus was a size of five months pregnant before I start my fibristal medication. I completed my first cycle and had my ultrasound. By the way I also gained weight and look bloated all the time while I was on medication. At first I thought it didn't work anything on my fibroid. As soon as I completed my first 3 months medication I immediately went for an ultrasound and I know that the result would not be different from the last since I was still having the same symptoms. I was still feeling some pressure on my pelvic and I need to urinate very often which was resulting to my sleepless nights. So I was also disappointed and in my mind I was already decided to go for a surgery as it was already affecting my quality of life. But then after a month of not using fibristal I felt some changes in my pelvic. The pressure I was feeling before was becoming less and the frequency of going to the washroom was also becoming less and my menstrual flow has become normal from being heavy. So by the time I went to see my doctor again for the ultrasound result which was by the way after almost 3 months since I forgot to make an appointment after my last visit I already had no symptom at all. My doctor also agreed that it was possible the effect of the medication was delayed. I am back on fibristal for my last cycle and will update you about the result of my ultrasound.

• Posted

did you hear it has been banned in CanadaπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ because its causing liver problems especially you may need a liver transplant?? I'm so.mad I took it. I wonder of we can sue them. I dont want a lover transplant. I'm here worried about COVID-19 and I tested negative last week when I probably should be worried about my liver because I took fibristal

• Posted

Hello all, please watch for signs of liver damage as the makers of Fibristal have voluntarily withdrawn this medication as of **Septemebr 30 2020 **from the Canadian market due to reports of severe liver damage. You can learn more on the Health Canada Page.

I've been on it for 6 months and will be stopping immediately.

signs of liver damage include nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, severe tiredness, yellowing of the eyes or skin, or dark urine.

• Posted

well I guess its too late for me because I was experiencing all that but because of the COVID-19 I thought I had that but I took the test like 7 times and im negative now I have to go get checked out because of this. I'm scared to go to the hospital but I'm even more scared to have liver damage my father died of gall bladder they opened him up and it spread to his liver. yoi need your liver for everything.

• Posted

Did you guys hear the news my sister in law just called me ans said she was on Fibristal for a year ans they discontinued it because alot of side if effects were woman needing liver transplants. 😲😒😒πŸ˜₯😑😑

I took

• Posted

Did you guys hear the news my sister in law just called me ans said she was on Fibristal for a year ans they discontinued it because alot of side if effects were woman needing liver transplants. 😲😒😒πŸ˜₯😑😑

I took

• Posted

I took

• Posted

I took fibristal for 3 months I've had dark urine and my poop looked funny never though it would be my liver

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.