5 months post op bimalleolar fx with ORIF-the realities

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes it’s still sore after a long day (12 hours) at work. I work in a busy ER.

Sometimes it’s fairly swollen at night still after work, but all swelling is gone by morning.

Sometimes I find myself limping a little, but not often anymore.

Sometimes I’m off balance but it’s rare now. My balance has improved so much.

I’m back to walking my dog for a mile every morning. Looking forward to getting back to my 2 miles but I’m getting there.

I can wear dress shoes now, not just athletic shoes.

I can squat down balancing on the ball of my feet and not have pain.

I feel normal more often than not now. Finally. 

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wish I could say the same. I have numbness and pain. Still on crutches after 5 months.
  • Posted

can you run or jump? my PT told me that I will not run or jump in the future! I'm 3 months post the surgery but still limping. 

• Posted

I can jump and I could run if I wanted to. He wants me to start out running on the antigravity treadmill they have at their physical therapy room. It starts you out running at 30 percent of your weight and slowly progresses to full weight bearing while running. 

I was still limping at 3 months also. 

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your successes. Congratulations, it’s finally happening!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.