5 months post surgery activity question

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a little over 5 months and still having pain.   I am a crafter, so I am always doing something.  You wouldn't think scrapping, card making would hurt your shoulder but it does, quite a bit.   Is this too soon to actually use my shoulder?  I'm pretty frustrated with this pain stuff.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think 5 months is too early to use your shoulder. Have you had therapy? What does your Dr or PT say? You may need some variety of activity. If your are bent over scrap books for prolonged time, what is your posture like? You may be holding your shoulders in a rolled forward position with your head/neck flexed. Do you give yourself some stretching time? Usually you start strengthening by 3 months with light weights. Each person will progress differently depending on your procedure and your own personal fitness level, but if something seems amiss, it's probably good to consult with your healthcare provider for some advice. 

• Posted

Scrapbooker56.  =(( where is the pain?  biceps tendon area? where?  Is it your posture during these activities?  are you dropping the shoulder or are you moving some way that is irritating your injuries?  are you still using ice?  heat?  over the counter, meds to help manage the pain?  What do the doctor and physical therapist offer?    
  • Posted

Bicep area.  I'm pretty sure it is how I  am using my arm/shoulder, but Geez it's been 5 months.  I'm not doing  pt anymore.  I have my 6 month checkup in 3 weeks, which I will then mention it.   Just very frustrated I guess.    

• Posted

Stay positive!!  You can do this!!  I am 22 weeks out of revision surgery.  The original injury was 12/26/16 and the first surgery was 1/27/17.  Revision 6/2/17.  UGH... WE WILL MAKE IT!!  Rest and keep working on your passive stretches  Mix it up.  Remember the full recovery is 9-12 months!! WE WILL MAKE IT!!!  = ))
    • Posted

PS you know the drill drop the shoulder and pinch the blades!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.