5 months post TAH feeling worse than ever

Posted , 5 users are following.

5 months post surgery and i havent felt worse. Extreme stomach bloat. Weight gain abdominal pain, leaky bladder. I had a quick recovery and was feeling great until a month ago. I literally look like I am 9 months pregnant and if I get up from a seated position to quickly it feels like my insides are going to fall out!! Anyone have any of these issues? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello roma

I am 9 mths post tvh and repair and always worried about weight gain.

I am very slim anyway but still concerned about this issue. I still have my ovaries so hope this will help a bit.

Do you still have yours? If not then this is a factor with weight gain after hyster due to bodies lack.if hormones.

I have heard lots of ladies who have a pouch after abdom hyster as the muscles are cut during the surgery and they will never return to how they we're.

Do you do much exercise hun.. May be walking ,swimming or cycling is best after pelvic surgery as it's very gentle.

I also an a small eater which does help keep weight off.

It's Dan hard being a woman and having to tackle these issues. Men got it good I tell you.

Take it easy and hug yourself?

• Posted

I too have my ovaries and still experience pms symptoms every month. I have although become a little more sedentary since breaking my ankle prior to my hysterectomy. I also eat small through out the day and practice intermittent fasting.  I have a very small frame and tend to put on weight quickly so I always have to be mindful of what i eat. The pain i am experiencing is a concern and i will be making an appointment to see the doctor today. 
  • Posted

Hi Roma,

The pelvic floor may be a bit compromised if there is a leak. You may want to see your consultant about this.

Bloating is an issue and some food items are terrible culprits. You may want to keep a diary and track what you eat and how you feel afterwards. That way you can isolate the worse offenders and eliminate them from you diet.

Above all stay positive. I wish you all the best on the recovery road

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.