5 weeks on 10mg escitalopram no noticeable change yet.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was hoping for some change in mood by now but feeling very apathetic and sleeping for 10 hrs a night. Should I hang on in there? Bit disappointed after putting up with the side effects. I have had a driving anxiety which so far no change with that either.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I wouod hang on in there I’ve been on them for 3months ish & I felt the benefit between 7-8 weeks slowly getting better I’ve had a slight relapse so had a dose increase and waiting for that to help again hope this helps smile 

• Posted

Thank you Leah that's encouraging. I live in hope! 🤗

• Posted

Hang in there,it could take 8-12 weeks and very slowly it gets better.Try to stay busy with other people and a therapist is great to talk to.I am at 10 weeks and a definite improvement. .Best of luck and God bless you.

• Posted

I am on 20 mg, I went from 10mg to 20mg after 4 weeks.

• Posted

Thank you Pam. I will be patient. I wonder if my G.P will up my dose to 20mg? Hoping that I will turn a corner soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.