Skip to content

Escitalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • justine12414 3

Starting Escitalopram

I am due to start taking Escitalopram 10mg,but thinking of halving these for the first week,as scared of side effects. Any advice on how good these tablets are for anxiety,also any initial side effects to look out for,would be gratefully received. I was on Citalopram for 19 years,but changed to Sertraline...

66 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gina01020 2

Brain fog and can't remember anything

Ive been on Lexapro for 6 months now. i had really bad side effects for months and most had finally settled at about the 4 month mark.. thank goodness . I didn't really want to change again and also, weight is a big issue on most.. i am on 10mg and because the insomnia was so bad..can't sleep...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • mere03725 3

Just starting lexapro-next steps

Hi-I just started lexapro, 5 mg for a week (on day four) then 10 mg for a week, 15 mg, etc. I was on Prozac for about eight weeks and it made me too jittery. So, now switching. Don't know what to expect. Today I feel jittery, maybe prozac is still in my system? How long will it take to feel better...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jswain894 1
  • susan69457 3

Off days

Feel as if I've spoke too soon but been on 15mg escitalopram for a good 6 months and felt pretty settled! Have woke this morning, after sleeping quite well, feeling bit off, bit of a funny tummy, shaky a tiny bit , achy and tired!!! Does anyone else get off days?

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lecat08112 2

Escitalopram Protracted withdrawals

i m on  and off ,did many switch Fluoxetine-Escitalopram since last year ,did though yoyoing and cold turkeyed several times this two Drugs, off and on forth escitalopram 10 mg and fluoxetine 20mg .that s because i relapsed 5 years ago after i stopped succesfully fluoxetine wich i was taking since...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • sun43 3

Can 5mg Escitalopram work?

hi all, i was taking regular citalopram for a few months (20mg) and found that although i felt improvement in depression, i was way too sleepy feeling on it, and needing to sleep in the daytime too often. i switched to escitalopram 10mg (been about 5 weeks on that), and noticed although i am not as...

• Milliemoo22 3

Escitalopram increase to 15mg

Hi I am taking escitalopram for general anxiety, I was doing I have gone slowly on increasing my doses 2.5mg for 1 week, 5 for a week, 7.5 for 2 weeks, 10 for 4 weeks. I was doing ok and had a couple of straight weeks where I felt okish. However since increasing to 15mg 2 weeks ago my anxiety has...

• susan69457 3

Doctor upped dose today from 10 to 15mg escitalopram

Hi, doctor upped my dose today from 10 to 15mg escitalopram today and have had my first 15mg today! So far feel tired, but didn't sleep well last two nights, and have a headache! Will I get all side effects all over again? Fed up big time as most of us are! Any advice and any success stories on 15mg...

34 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • damom 3

Any good feedback from people on Cipralex ??

Since I joined this forum and the group on Cipralex all I seem to see are negatrive, negative, negative from this drug. I have never been on an anti-depressant in my whole life. But now at 59 struggling with terrible anxiety and panic attacks. It took me a long time since the Doc recommended Cipralex...

122 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • susan69457 3

Post menopause spotting on escitalopram

Hi, just wondering if any of the post menopausal women out there have experienced spotting whilst on escitalopram? I've been on 15mg for 9 months and my anxiety is ok although now I'm worrying about this! Thanks!

• Kate40001 1

Escitalopram Jovia

I have started with Escitalopram Jovia. My doctor advised me to take half of the 10mg pill for the first 2 days and switch to one entire pill on the 3rd day which I did. After 2 hours of taking it, I felt nauseated and and light headed. I went to bed and woke up a two or three times feeling awful. I...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Foxy polly 3

Switching from citalopram to escitalopram

Hi there 5 weeks ago I switched from citalopram to escitalopram. I was on escitalopram for 10 years with a couple of 3 month breaks but last year had a major melt down so I was put on sertraline for 3 months then venlaflaxne then citalopram and all weren't great and gave me horrendous side effects...

19 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • elijah 15602 1

Side Effects of Escitalopram (?)

I took 10 mg of escitalopram yesterday and for a few hours a felt fine. No increased anxiety or nausea. Then about ten hours in, I could barely calm myself down. It took ages to fall asleep, and even when I did, I woke up in a panic a couple hours later. I thought I was going to faint. Saw spots in front...

• rachel89110 2

Side Effects

I took a 20mg yesterday. My first time and I thought I was going to die. I got really anxious my head was spinning my heart was racing and I was so tired. I woke up last night around 11pm and my back felt like it was on fire. How long will these side effects last? I took one of my pills and broke it...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Haider786786 1

Want to stop Escitalopram 10 mg

Dear All I have been taking Escitalopram 10 mg for over 5 months and now i am deciding to stop it so I have stopped taking it since one week and now my head is heavy and I have certain weight on my head How can I stop it

• matt79803 2

Lexapro Short Term

Hi,  Was wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on taking Lexapro for just a few months. Really just need something to get me through a tough time and would prefer not to be on meds long term. This obviously depends on if the meds actually work or not and I am feeling back to myself,...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mebooboo 2

Anxiety under control, depression now present

I have been on Lexapro (Escitalopram) for 4 years.  It continues to work well for anxiety, which was why it was prescribed by PCP in the first place.  But I am now struggling with increasing depression, which has not been an issue for me previously.  I am 45 yrs old, and am likely perimenopausal...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • cassandra15988 3

Wanting to start 10mg of escitalpram but scared

Hey all, I suffered from really bad health anxiety a couple of years ago after my second child. I ended up going on celepram (citalpram) 40mg for over a year which helped. I had all the physical symptoms under the sun but the celepram helped. I came off 16months ago because I feel pregnant with my 3rd...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • k51369 2

Started on Escitalopram would like to know others experiences

Hi there, I am a mid forties males and my Dr recently put me onto Ecitalopram after some discussions about my mental health.   Basically I feel depressed and anxious a lot of the time and have done for most of my life.   I have been aware of this and work very hard to stay fit, healthy and...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • claire4518 2

Just started escitalopram

Hi I started escitalopram this week and so far I have had increased anxiety, sleep problems, lack of appetite and hot flushes. I could do with hearing some positive stories about people starting this drug to keep me going.

26 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • deirdre72189 2

Lexapro weight gain vs setraline?

i have put on 30 pounds (2 stone) on setraline after 2 years. I am now on a much lower dose, 25 mg, but still cannot lose weight. I have to remain on something as have anxiety and panic... Doctor suggested switching to Lexapro (Escitalopram), again remaining at a low dose of 5 mg... I am very sensitive...

• kenney4lyfe 2

need advice, 9 weeks on lexapro, still depressed/brain fog

So I originally took Prozac for anxiety/Depression/brainfog. Went from 20-40mg and after 12 weeks, no change. Started taking Lexapro 20mg..It's been 9 weeks and it only has made me about 25% better? Honestly what do I do next? Do i stick with it? Do I try something else? If yes what...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • susan69457 3

Daily nap on escitalopram!

I've been on 15mg escitalopram for 8 months now and so far so good! Feeling so much more relaxed and n less anxiety! My question is am I feeling more sleepy due to the escitalopram? It's not a problem, just wondered if anyone else has this! Most days I have to have a nap 😊 It took me...

• Dd1987 1

Relationship falling apart!!!

Hi guys , so totally new to this, but need some help!!! My partner of almost 10 years and father of my 3 children has Bn put on escitalopram since November, initially for a 6 months period to see how he feels after. We had what I thought was a pretty strong relationship but since he started the medication...

• gemma11125 2

Lexapro question

my meds were upped to 20mg. in december after a horrifice grief/crash so to speak.  I have been on 10 mgs. for nine years for my PTS and anxiety.  Well it took a bout 2mths, til Feb to begin to feel better on the 20mgs. - SO I took it upon myself to cut the dose in half to 10 mgs. for...

• jamie86509 2

Withdrawals after long term use, will I ever be normal?

I was on lexapro for 7 years at 10mg decided it was a good time to stop at the start of last year. I went down to 5mg for 3 months, no withdrawals, the the doctor said I could stop, I decided to go day on day off, then a few days between, I started to feel anxiety and panic return aswell as tiredness....

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • michelle53753 1

Tired everyday 10 mg cipralex

I am on my first week of cipralex 10 mg and find that I am extremely tired during the day and have to take naps and I have a baby and a 5 year old! Doctor prescribed for post partum depression. Anyone find taking it at nighttime better?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • joy84737 1

Lexapro Withdrawal

I took Lexapro 10mg for a little over 2 weeks. I stopped cold turkey because I couldn't take it. It caused me to have night sweats, body jerking, fast heart rate, increased blood pressure. I have been off 1 week and have insomnia, still body jerks at night and feel like i want to cry all the time....

• Kutiebug 2

Weight gain/loss

Who has gained weight and who has lost while on this? Currently starting lexapro while weaning off of pristiq and I'm worried about weight gain. I gained about 15 lbs on pristiq and really don't want to gain anymore

• Kutiebug 2

When do you take it?

Just starting and wondering what time of day people take the lexapro. Ive seen both morning and night but I have always taken my AD in the am

• daka511 2

decreased the lexapro from 10mg 7.5 .

Ok on week two of cutting back i started on 10 and now on 7.5. now my anxiety is up. is this normal???? i was on it for three mths and it was helping but the weight gain was huge and some side effects. can someone tell if has happen to you

• susanne80582 2

Starting lexapro help

Hi everyone. I am on my 3rd dose of lexapro. First night I took 10mg. I was extremely nauseas and had some anxiety. I called my dr and she told me to take 5mg. So I did that twice now, the. Nausea was better but I've been super anxious feeling all day , and it woke me up from my sleep, is this normal?...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • betsy70690 3

Tried and failed

I could not handle the side effects of Lexapro. After 5 days I stopped. I was on a very low dose. I've had increased anxiety for a few days now, is that the withdrawal from 5 days? Can it be in your system that fast?

• AlexLD 3

Supposed to be taking a 5mg dose?

I was recently switched to 5mg Lexapro after being on Zoloft for almost two months. I saw that the pill itself only came in 10mg and didn't have a way to easily split it. Can these pills be cut with one of those tablet cutters or do I need to find another way of splitting the pill in half?

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.