Skip to content

Escitalopram

Also known as Cipralex, Lexapro

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Starting Escitalopram

I am due to start taking Escitalopram 10mg,but thinking of halving these for the first week,as scared of side effects. Any advice on how good these tablets are for anxiety,also any initial side effects to look out for,would be gratefully received. I was on Citalopram for 19 years,but changed to Sertraline...

Last reply
  • Just tapered off lexapro-some questions

Hi-I’m on my second day of no lexapro. I went down slowly and started Cymbalta and cross tapered. I started on 20 mg for a week and now 30 mg since Wednesday. Ugh-I feel terrible, anxiety, jitters, headache. I’m wondering if it’s lexapro withdrawal or starting up a new med. any thoughts? Thanks! 

Last reply
  • Lexapro (Please Help)

Ive been on Lexapro for about 9 weeks. For general anxiety, depression and intrussive thoughts. The first few weeks were rough not gonna lie. Week 8 comes about that whole week was pretty much good i was really happy and social etc.  Its just about Week 9  and i feel like the world is tearing...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram

Can it take longer than 2 weeks to help with horrible anxiety on Escitalopram. I don’t have many bad side effects. I am on day 16 on 10mgs. Just wanting this anxiety to ease.

Last reply
  • Been on lexapro for 15 years.

Hi I am 25 years old and have been on lexapro for 15 years. The past few years I have been very ill. I am tired all the time, get dizzy spells 4 to 5 times a week and get body aches. I have ready articles about lexapro causing long term effects. I have been to a neurologist and an ENT and they can't...

Last reply
  • First day on Escitalopram?

Hi, I tried Sertrline for 5 weeks but I guess it wasn't meant for me, started on Escitalopram today 5mg for 2-days and then 10mg after. if you would share your feedback, side effects what to expect, how to best deal with them and finally I understand it takes about 2 weeks before I see any benefits...Would...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram

Hello, my doctor stop my medication  gradually lower my doses of cipralex to 0.50mg on May 23, but since then I feel worse and worse about headache and bad feelings it will take longer a long period of time is temporary? Thank you.I fell so sorry from my post a moment ago is wrong my problem,...

Last reply
  • lexapro 15mg please help!

Hello im not sure how I'm suppose to feel right now because i know everybodys body is different but maybe someone will have a similar situation. So i was on 10 mg of lexapro for about 3 months and about two weeks ago my doctor upped me to 15mg because i was starting to have slight anxiety return...

Last reply
  • Im on just 2.5mg escitalopram, has anyone had such a low dose??

Hi everyone, I was prescribed nitrazepam for short use and Zoloft for long term use at first for panic disorder and mild depression after the sudden death of my younger sister and undergoing an emergency ectopic pregnancy surgery all within 2 weeks. I stopped Zoloft because the side effect was unbearable...

Last reply
  • Why am I dizzy?!

Hi-I’m at a loss-I need advice/help. I’m not sure if I’m having anxiety or another issue. I’ve been dizzy going on a month. Like not vertigo dizzy, it’s in the background and I can function but it sucks. I’ve been to ent and allergy doc and they have found no issues. I’m really freaking out. I also get...

Last reply
  • When to move up to next dose?

When I started citalopram 5 years ago, my doctor moved up me doses way too quickly: I went from starting at 20 mg. to bumping up to 40 mg. within one week. Not only were side effects horrific, but I never got the chance to see if a lower dose would be just as effective for me. ​I didn't want to...

Last reply
  • Lexapro and morning anxiety

Hi does anyone find their anxiety is significantly higher in the mornings? Have been on Lexapro for 2 weeks now (1 week @5mg then 1 week @10mg.) I find the morning anxiety awful upon waking, with racing thoughts and every problem even small ones seem overwhelming to the point of feeling nauseous. Will...

Last reply
  • Finally switched to Escitalopram!

I've had the bottle of pills in my cupboard for probably 7 weeks now;-). I'd just been too nervous to switch. ​Previously, I was on 40 mg. of Citalopram for 5 years, when it quit working for me. That was a huge and scary disappointment, because I'd just sort of assumed they'd always...

Last reply
  • Week 2, worsening insomnia

I'm on Day 9 of 5 mg. I started really low due to the bad side effects I had when I started Citalopram 5 years ago. I plan to stay on 5 mg at least a few weeks before moving up to 10 mg. ​I had insomnia for several weeks before starting the escitalopram. The first week, there didn't seem to...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram for 9 weeks

Hello I'm in desperate need for some help. I have severe anxiety and depression. I immediately started 10mg of cipralex for 2 weeks, 15mg for 3 weeks, and finally 4 weeks on 20mg. During my second week of 20i also started remeron and I started feeling much better so much so that I stopped taking...

Last reply
  • Lexapro insomnia - help

Hi:  I have been on 5 mg of lexapro for 4 weeks.  Though my anxiety seems to have improved, I simply cannot sleep.  I had insomnia prior to taking lexapro. I cannot go on like this (a couple of nights no sleep at all).  I am going to wean myself off of this stuff.  Anyone else...

Last reply
  • Crazy morning tiredness, can't get out of bed

Hey Everyone I've been on 20mg Escitalopram for about 5 weeks having ramped up gradually from 5. I am definitely feeling better, but I'm struggling enormously with tiredness in the morning. I feel extremely heavy and exhausted and it's almost impossible to get out of bed. I've delayed...

Last reply
  • High red blood count from lexapro?

Hi! I stopped lexapro on Tuesday and have had random symptoms ranging from dizziness, fevers, nausea, dry heaving, overheating, severe gastrointestinal issues, and today I was in such pain on my right side that I ended up in the ER. They checked my blood and gallbladder and my gallbladder was fine however...

Last reply
  • Escitopram for PMDD

Hey there, I just started Escitopram generic version of lexapro 4 days ago. I was prescribed 10mg but told I could cut them in half so that’s what I’ve been doing so far. I was told this will help with what we think is PMDD. My doctor said to try it a week before and during my period and then I could...

Last reply
  • Feeling worse before and during period

6th week on 30mg cipralex for anxiety .  up and down as expected and then 1 week before my period and now during I feel back to square one!  Makes sense ??!!! So disappointing! !!!! Will it get better over the next cycles ?  Appreciate some feedback ! And how you handle it! Thank you...

Last reply
  • Feeling extremely anxious and depressed on Lexapro

Hi all I really hope and pray someone can help! I was on Lexapro 18 months ago and it worked perfectly until it stopped working. Long story short I have restarted it.. 10 mg for a week 20mg for 2 and a half weeks and now on 30mg for 2 days. Well I am feeling so anxious and depressed. I wasn’t even that...

Last reply
  • Muscle stiffness on lexapro??

I’m on 12.5 mg of lexapro for past 12 days, was on 10 mg for months previously. I’m having muscle stiffness/weakness in my legs. Kinda freaking out. Could this be from the lex? I was also on a six day course of Methylprednisolone for sinus infection but I took the last pill Thursday. What is going on?!...

Last reply
  • Switching to citalopram

Hi all I’ve been on escitalopram for nearly 2 years it’s turn me into a horrible person anger paranoia mood swings etc doc changed me to citalopram witch worked for years then just stoped working hoping they work for me again as anyone done the switch with success  Thanks 

Last reply
  • Weight gain and Cipralec

Hello Everyone, I am on Cipralex for more than 6 months and being on and off on Cipralex for few times. But this time it is longest and I can feel the difference. I am happy, I am more productive, I am less anxious, I am more to life which initially was the other way round. But my problem is I am...

Last reply
  • What to expect from withdrawal?

I’ve been on escitalopram (2.5mgs) for about 2 1/2 weeks. I’ve had non stop GI issues and my dr feels it’s most likely from the medicine. He told me to stop taking it. He said there was no need to try to cut down or taper to just stop and I’ll be fine.  Should I expect withdrawal symptoms? If so...

Last reply
  • Start up effects when compared to other SSRIs?

I've been on Citalopram for 5 years, with great results. However, about 6 weeks ago, my anxiety came back, along with insomnia, loss of appetite, stomach problems, and all that other fun stuff;-). ​I went into the doctor, and got a prescription for Escitalopram. So far, I've been to scared to...

Last reply
  • fFrst 2 weeks of Cipralex is making anxiety worse

Hi   My name is Tima and I'm 23 years old. I've have anxiety and mild depression for as long as I can remember. For about a year and a half, I've been seeing a counsellor. I also started taking medication. I tried a couple and then settled with Wellbutrin (bupropion) since November...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram - How Long? Positive experiences please.

Hi Guys, I'm 35 years old and until recently had never experienced any depression or anxiety in my entire life. Nothing happened to set it off, I jut woke up one day and felt deeply depressed and borderline suicidal. I have no motivation to do anything and am also currently off work. ...

Last reply
  • Cipralex (Lexapro) 30mg ...a rollercoaster!

Hi there !  Need for some reassurance!  I was on 10mg cipralex for a year for anxiety but 2 months ago I had a huge setback . Waves of anxiety with spells of dizziness . My doctor upper my dose to 15mg and then 20mg.  After a month I was still not feeling good. So 4 weeks ago I am on 30...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram is working !

I've been taking 5mg of Escitalopram in the morning and 7.5 of Mirtazapine at night to sleep. Its been over 6 weeks now and my daily moods have been level all the way through and sleep right through for 8 hours every night. I didn't know life could be so balanced. My Dr. hasn't said how long...

Last reply
  • Day 5 went downhill, help?

About a month ago my dr prescribed escitalopram and after a week of horrible side effects and not being able to get in touch with my dr I quit. I changed drs and he too suggested lexapro (generic) since I have taken it many years back with success however he suggested trying a different manufacturer...

Last reply
  • Can you take 20mg of Escitalopram with Mirtazapine?

Hello, my partner has been having the worst time with anxiety, panic and depression for over a year now. He's been on several tablets and the latest is upping his 10mg of Escitalopram to 20mg. However his doctor has said he needs to come off his 7.5g of Mirtazapine which he takes at night to help...

Last reply
  • SSRI withdrawal

Hi- can anyone tell me if they’ve experienced irritability and mood swings, dizziness and what feels like is slow motion brain (lol- I know that sounds weird)  after stopping SSRI? Today’s day 6 off lexapro and I felt so good for the first 5 days off and today I feel emotional,crabby, and all of...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.