Skip to content
Ad

Escitalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Escitalopram (Lexapro) talkativeness?

I've been taking escitalopram (Lexapro) for 10+ years.  I was prescribed 10mg to start but cut back to 5mg after about 3 years because I was becoming agitated.  5mg seems to work best for me.  I notice very few if any side-effects... except maybe one. My question:  Does anyone...

Last reply
  • Lexapro and morning anxiety

Hi does anyone find their anxiety is significantly higher in the mornings? Have been on Lexapro for 2 weeks now (1 week @5mg then 1 week @10mg.) I find the morning anxiety awful upon waking, with racing thoughts and every problem even small ones seem overwhelming to the point of feeling nauseous. Will...

Last reply
  • Lexapro/cipralex....not sure what to do

I was on 20mg lexapro for major depression and weaned off in September 2017. November end, two months after being off, onset of anxiety and minor depression hit literally overnight which apparently is hormonal so i jumped back on 10mg  lexapro for a little over 6 weeks now mostly And 4 days at 12.5mg....

Last reply
  • Day 4

So I've been taking Escitalopram for 4 days now, and I'm still cautious about it. I take it every evening at 10pm after eating something, so far I think it's helping with the sleeping issues I suffered from with Fluoxetine. I still wake up in the morning with nausea, though I haven't...

Last reply
  • All of a sudden can't sleep

During Christmas I got sick really bad guess was sinus infection, it kept me in bed for a week! And I'm still coughing some, well for 1st few days of being sick I could not put my head down on pillow to go to sleep, well now I'm having problems going to sleep for last three days I take four diff...

Posted
  • Square 1 after a few good days

I think by now everyone is tired of me on this site. I had 3 really good days and nights this week, a tiny bit of underlying anxiety. Then the reverse happened. Instead of being anxious during the day and it lifting around 5, I've become anxious in the evening and sleeping isn't so easy....

Last reply
  • Week 3 going on 4- Horrible Depression

Hi all, I need some help as I feel so alone and hopeless right now taking Lexpro. I started at 10mg 3 almost 4 weeks ago. I had mild side effects but nothing terrible. I take trazadone as a sleep aid so I didn't experience insomnia. I am very sensitive to starting an SSRI. I was told Lexapro is...

Last reply
  • Need to increase and I’m scared!

I am 25 days into my Lexapro journey and need some advice. I started at 5mg and was pleasantly surprised that at 1 week I was actually starting to feel better, with very few side effects. My Dr. told me to increase to 10mg at the 2 week mark, but I didn’t because I was actually feeling really good. At...

Last reply
  • Any good feedback from people on Cipralex ??

Since I joined this forum and the group on Cipralex all I seem to see are negatrive, negative, negative from this drug. I have never been on an anti-depressant in my whole life. But now at 59 struggling with terrible anxiety and panic attacks. It took me a long time since the Doc recommended Cipralex...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram 5mg

Hi there, So last night I decided to start taking my escitalopram. I had recently stopped taking fluoxetine for 7 days and had been taking domperidone to help with nausea for that time. I felt great being off fluoxetine, the domperidone boosted my appetite. But yesterday I started to feel queasy,...

Last reply
  • Good morning!

I slept last night. A small victory after being anxious the entire day yesterday. I guess these little break throughs might mean that the medicine is starting to work. I do feel so overwhelmed at times, making dinner for example is really hard for me. I think it's because it's too many steps,...

Last reply
  • Morning anxiety is back

Two weeks ago, I started on 20 mg of Lexapro after 3 weeks on 10. had three great days last week. I was able to sleep all the way through the night to the morning. That is all over with. Back to square one. Morning Anxiety at 3 am. 5 am yesterday.... All day anxiety yesterday as well. It's...

Last reply
  • Is this a blip

I wrote a few days ago but I’ve been on escitalopram 15mg for just over a year in which I thought I was back to being me but my question is how long does a blip last for, thought I wouldn’t feel bad again. Got Drs tomorrow so see what he thinks!  Has anyone else had a spell of bad days and did it...

Last reply
  • I started Lexapro 7 days ago...

I take 2.5mg of Lexapro @ 9 am and 2.5 @ pm.... I have done this for 7 days...I must say it has been wild and a bit crazy.. I've had GAD and Panic Disorder all my life and up until about 6 weeks ago I dealt with it.. But I hit a brick wall.. A dear friend had a stroke and I just couldn't get...

Last reply
  • I started Lexapro 7 days ago...

I take 2.5mg of Lexapro @ 9 am and 2.5 @ pm.... I have done this for 7 days...I must say it has been wild and a bit crazy.. I've had GAD and Panic Disorder all my life and up until about 6 weeks ago I dealt with it.. But I hit a brick wall.. A dear friend had a stroke and I just couldn't get...

Last reply
  • Anxiety and low mood back

Hi everyone, I’ve had a bit of a blip and not sure how long it’s going to last. I’ve been doing really well on 15mg escitalopram for a year and 4months and still taking them. My dr has given me 10mg papronol 3 times a day for some of the physical symptoms, mainly the shaky feelings! They do help but...

Last reply
  • Can you take 20mg of Escitalopram with Mirtazapine?

Hello, my partner has been having the worst time with anxiety, panic and depression for over a year now. He's been on several tablets and the latest is upping his 10mg of Escitalopram to 20mg. However his doctor has said he needs to come off his 7.5g of Mirtazapine which he takes at night to help...

Last reply
  • Morning anxiety lifting! AMEN!

Finally slept an entire night and woke up without any anxiety. It's a small glimmer of hope and I hope that anyone reading this sticks to their plan. I'm now on 20mg for about a week after 3 weeks in 10. Anxiety was bad then and for several days was bad on 20. But all of the side, the anxiety...

Last reply
  • Starting Escitalopram

I am due to start taking Escitalopram 10mg,but thinking of halving these for the first week,as scared of side effects. Any advice on how good these tablets are for anxiety,also any initial side effects to look out for,would be gratefully received. I was on Citalopram for 19 years,but changed to Sertraline...

Last reply
  • Increased doseage

Hi all, I started 5mg Lexapro 12 days ago for anxiety.  I had a severe increase in anxiety and depression for the first several days after starting the Lexapro.  My doctor is now recommending I increase my doseage to 10mg but I am very worried about another increase in anxiety as I have to...

Last reply
  • Starting lexapro but super sensitive to ssris

First off I hope it's OK I'm from the US.. Anyway Ive been super anxious for so long and doc gave me xanax prn than I started getting all kinds of physical symptoms lughtheadedness jelly legs eye twitching so he stayed me on Paxil no good worst side effects ever changed to buspar took it for4weeks...

Last reply
  • Lexapro increase - increased anxiety

So I’ve been on lexapro for almost four months. At first it was working phenomenally and still has me feeling a lot better than when my depression/anxiety began in July but about 3 weeks ago, my dr increased me from 10 mg to 15 mg and last week which was the beginning of week 3 of my increase I️ was...

Last reply
  • Help me

Hi new here..28 days ago today i had a huge Aniexty/panic attack its been constant since ..been to multiple hospitals also a mental health MD then diagnosed with a severe anxiety and panic disorder doctor put me on Zoloft and I had a bad reaction increased anxiety I am now on day 4 of 5 mg Lexapro for...

Last reply
  • Lexapro Hunger Pains

Hi everyone, I started Lexapro 5mg 3 weeks ago today. The 1st week I felt a bit groggy, but it seemed like a gentle drug. On day 13 I started with these horrible hunger pains that woke me out of a dead sleep. It felt like my stomach was bloated & starving. I had 2 more episodes on Days 17 & 20....

Last reply
  • Upping the dose of escitalopram from 10mg to 20 mg side effects

Hello everyone, Can someone experience please advise me, I been on escitalopram 6 weeks on 10mg then my dc. up the dose to 20mg. Been on 20mg. today 11 day and still experiencing increased anxiety. When I can expect for anxiety to finally subside , how long when increasing the dose for side effects to...

Last reply
  • Lexapro withdrawal? Or something else?

Hi I'm a 17 year old male who has been suffering from anxiety for about a year now. Recently I tapered off lexapro down to 5mg and then stopped. It has since been two weeks with a few bad nights but overall not too bad. However the last 2 days I have had fever like chills and tremors all through...

Last reply
  • Switching from Fluoxetine to Lexapro and terrified!

I’ve been struggling the past 6 months with severe anxiety, depression, and avoidance behaviors due to the fear of having a panic attack.  I was on Fluox (Prozac) for 18 years when suddenly I developed GAD.  My Dr. switched me to Zoloft which I tried for 6 weeks. Zoloft did not work for me....

Last reply
  • Withdrawal symptoms from cipralex

Hey to all.  I started cutting down my lexapro dose from 10mg to 5mg two months ago.  I was taking 5mg daily for a couple of weeks. Then as I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms I decided to start taking 5mg every two days. I did that for a week but I ended up forgetting to take them so...

Last reply
  • Rough Lex startup, week 5, still feel vulnerable to setbacks

Hi all. New here. Started generic lexapro 5 week ago, 5mg for 4 days, 10mg for 12 days, 15mg for 14 days and 20mg for 5 days. I started to feel the anxiety and negative thoughts lift at the 3 week mark and had 5 good days. Then my husband had to travel for work, we had an argument and I had a panic attack....

Last reply
  • Questions about Cipralex

Hi. I started again Cipralex(Lexapro) after a 7 months brake, that was great. Then had one episode of panic and it all went down the hill. I took 10mg for 2 years before stooping and it was great. I totally forgot how it was in the first month and now i am scared. My doc. put me on 0.5 mg for 4 weeks...

Last reply
  • Escitalopram Protracted withdrawals

i m on  and off ,did many switch Fluoxetine-Escitalopram since last year ,did though yoyoing and cold turkeyed several times this two Drugs, off and on forth escitalopram 10 mg and fluoxetine 20mg .that s because i relapsed 5 years ago after i stopped succesfully fluoxetine wich i was taking since...

Last reply
  • Lexapro effects within hours possible?

I just started taking Lexapro this morning and I want to check against a placebo effect. Within hours I felt a huge weight lifted. Felt like the mental equivalent of blood rushing through my veins after having slept on my arm for a long time. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced effects that...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.