Skip to content

Escitalopram

Also known as Cipralex, Lexapro

All discussions in this group

Next
  • difficult journey. started lexapro recently.

so hard to type this because my hands are trembling a lot today. i started taking Lexapro 18 days ago. i was previously on Prozac for 3 years and weaned myself off from 40mgs over a 9 month period. either i weaned too fast or i have an imbalance that will always need medication. my mental health steadily...

Last reply
  • Lexapro and morning anxiety

Hi does anyone find their anxiety is significantly higher in the mornings? Have been on Lexapro for 2 weeks now (1 week @5mg then 1 week @10mg.) I find the morning anxiety awful upon waking, with racing thoughts and every problem even small ones seem overwhelming to the point of feeling nauseous. Will...

Last reply
  • Ways of handling side effects

Hi,  It's a third time in my life that I start taking antidepressants. The other two times have been really, really horrible (and the last time meds - citalopram at that time - started working only after 3 months), but since then I've learnt some things that help me go through now. ...

Last reply
  • Quitting Lexparo cold turkey - help!

Hi friends - I was having uncomfortable hormonal side effects from Lexapro and decided to quit cold turkey. I know I'm not supposed to do it this way but I've only been on 5 mgs for 10 weeks so I figured it wouldn't be too bad? Does anyone have advise for quitting this way? I have some minor...

Last reply
  • Mary 12994

I started taking 10mg of lexapro 4 weeks ago because I had severe insomnia for 6 months, and my doctor gave me trazadone 50mg at night for sleep. It hasn’t been easy😢 I have lots of side affects like some nights not sleeping at all and I take the lexapro in the mornings, no appetite severe anxiety,...

Last reply
  • Upped my lexapro dose and having some issues-help!

Anyone had sleep disruption while increasing a med? I’m on 10 mg of lexapro and upped only 2.5 mg to 12.5 mg. This was on Friday, past two night have been hell w sleep. I’m taking .5 klonopin for sleep and STILL having issues. I hate this!!! 

Last reply
  • fFrst 2 weeks of Cipralex is making anxiety worse

Hi   My name is Tima and I'm 23 years old. I've have anxiety and mild depression for as long as I can remember. For about a year and a half, I've been seeing a counsellor. I also started taking medication. I tried a couple and then settled with Wellbutrin (bupropion) since November...

Last reply
  • Ups and downs of meds

I’ve had 4 and half years of this trying different meds changing doses I’m sick of it but we’ve got to keep going  this is the last time I’m messing around with doses and meds if I can’t get it right this time I’m going to give it a try without meds and go the natural way like changing diet 5HTP...

Last reply
  • Are these Lexapro side effects normal??

I was on Zoloft for 4 weeks and had a horrible time on it so my Dr switched me to Lexapro 10mg Daily. Today is day 6 on Lexapro and I feel horrible. Shaky, no appetite, anxious, nausea. When do these side effects go away and are these even from the lexapro? Please help. 

Last reply
  • Cipralex ( Escitalopram ) is working for me

It took some trials of 3 different anti-depressants before it started to work. I really have been doubtful over the years about trying this but now the (Escitalopram  Cipralex for the last number of weeks is really working for me. I have also added group therapy 4 times a week which helps me understand...

Last reply
  • Switching to 10 mg escitalopram from 40 mg Citalopram...tomorrow

I've been on Citalopram at 40 mg for five years. It's worked wonders for me. I had planned on being on it forever, but about two weeks ago I noticed some anxiety coming through, and this past week has been awful. We're going to try switching me to 10 mg. of escitalopram. ​I had horrible...

Last reply
  • So tired

Date 5 of 5mg , so tired with temple pains, bin on 7.5 mitazapine as well week 6, to help sleep , wondering if the both mix OK , went on mitazapine as woke up treamberling and shakeing inside , cold not carm down at all,

Last reply
  • 4 days on 20mg

So I seen the doctor on Monday and she upped my dose of 10mg to 20mg escitalopram because of my anxiety. Day 4 now on 20mg and I've been feeling ok but my head just feels like its spinning in the cent alor more. Has anyone else experienced this? It also feels like my eyes are trying to roll back...

Last reply
  • Lexapro reduction

I was requested by my doctor to reduce my Lexapro dosage from 20MG to 10MG. We first  went  down to 15MG for 10 days and then reach 10MG. When I was at 10MG I started feeling dizzy and I went back to 15MG in 5 days, is this the correct thing to do to eliminate the dizziness?

Last reply
  • 20mg down to 10mg

Hi al l I’ve been on 20mg of escitalopram for 20 months and been feeling confused and having mood swings So 4 weeks ago GP said to go down to 10mg I was doing 20mg then 10mg for 10 days then stay on 10mg it’s been 4 weeks and I feel terrible head feel numb moody and anxious. Just wondering if anyone...

Last reply
  • Upping dosage?

Can or has anyone else experience Lexapro making you dizzy when you go up on the dosage? I’m now taking 20mg instead of 10 and it’s been about a week and I’m so lightheaded and dizzy all day

Last reply
  • Withdrawal symptoms from cipralex

Hey to all.  I started cutting down my lexapro dose from 10mg to 5mg two months ago.  I was taking 5mg daily for a couple of weeks. Then as I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms I decided to start taking 5mg every two days. I did that for a week but I ended up forgetting to take them so...

Last reply
  • escitalopram diaryI

I was on escitalopram for 4 years for panic attacks and depression. I remember it took me around 7 months for my body to feel consistent benefits from them. I stayed on them 4 years and stupidly came off them with rapid tapering, I felt good for 2 months then the panic and depression came back so I went...

Last reply
  • Upping lexapro from 20mg to 30mg

Has anyone had to up their dose from 20 to 30mg? I was doing so good for 3 months at 20, then had a setback after a night of drinking (I don’t drink regularly at all). My doctor said we could go to 30 and he even gave me the script to have on hand if I don’t calm down soon. It has been 6 days and I am...

Last reply
  • Lexapro and weight gain?

Hi everyone I'm sure this has been asked a few times, but has anyone experienced weight gain or bloating with lexapro. I have not changed any of my eating or working out habits, but feel constantly bloated since starting lexapro 5mg for 3 months.  I'm so curious if you guys had any...

Last reply
  • Increased chest pain with lexapro

Hi guys i have been on lexapro 10mgs for abouy two and a half weeks. My anxiety levels esp in the am is through the roof. I wake up at 3am now and have to take a 2.5mg valium to relax, i have noticed though an increase in chest discomfort. Should i get an ECG done? Im getting worried. The discomfort...

Last reply
  • Been on Escitalopram (10) 13 days

13 days ago I moved from Sertraline (100) to Escitalopram (10). I was on Sertraline (50) for 16 years. I believe it stopped working so GP bumped me up to 100 for about three weeks. No change. Still felt depression and anxiety, the same if not worse. Switched over to the Escitalopram. Still feel...

Last reply
  • Square 1 after a few good days

I think by now everyone is tired of me on this site. I had 3 really good days and nights this week, a tiny bit of underlying anxiety. Then the reverse happened. Instead of being anxious during the day and it lifting around 5, I've become anxious in the evening and sleeping isn't so easy....

Last reply
  • started taking escitalopram 10mg

hi everyone, im new here. ive just got put on escitalopram 10mg for depression and anxiety, and i started the first pill last night at bedtime, and was feeling fine but when i woke up this morning, ive been feeling dizzy and nausea all day long. i found out that i had an allergic reation to the citalopram,...

Last reply
  • Sore throat

10 days on escitalopram, have a sore throat coming, doe,s anyone wake up with music in head, also take small dose of mitazapine 7.5mg to help with sleep

Last reply
  • Starting Lexapro (5mg) tomorrow for Anxiety & Depression

I have been prescribed 10mg's of Lexapro but instructed by the doctor to start off with half a pill / 5mg. He wants me to take it in the mornings as well?  I'm sort of in a rut, my Anxiety really peaked in 2015 but it has slowed down and gotten better over the years. I was kind of proud...

Last reply
  • Lexapro increase

I just increased Lexapro from 10mg to 15mg 3 days ago. Was on 10mg for 2 weeks. Is it normal after the increase to feel lightheaded, nauseated and super tired? Still shaky as well. Ugh. How long does his last after increasing dose?

Last reply
  • 15mg too high? Sounds like it to me

I think you should back way off on the dose. It really sounds to me like 15mg is completely wrong. Lexapro is an incredibly potent SSRI, at 10mg. I sold Zoloft for years, point being, I studied Lexapro a great deal. Higher than 10mg does not always equal greater effectiveness. I am ready to take my day...

Last reply
  • Any good feedback from people on Cipralex ??

Since I joined this forum and the group on Cipralex all I seem to see are negatrive, negative, negative from this drug. I have never been on an anti-depressant in my whole life. But now at 59 struggling with terrible anxiety and panic attacks. It took me a long time since the Doc recommended Cipralex...

Last reply
  • Upping dosage success?

I’ve been on Escitalopram 10mg for almost 3 months now. My anxiety is absolutely over the top and the symptoms are getting worse and worse. While it’s helped with depression I feel like it’s not helping my anxiety. Has anyone upped to 20mg and it helped their anxiety? 

Last reply
  • Morning anxiety

Hi, I suffer from morning anxiety my dr started me on Lexapro 10 mg 4 days ago and I feel it has been worse my heart is racing the minute I wake up. It’s hard to get my day started I have to take a xanex to be able to function. Will this get better???

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.