Skip to content

Escitalopram

Also known as Cipralex, Lexapro

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Switching From Citalopram - Too Similar??

Hi all, I’ve been on Citalopram 20mg for 5 years and it really worked well for me - would say I started feeling better within a few weeks and just got better. Anyways, end of January I had anxiety come back and waited a month before seeing GP - she increased my dose to 30mg. Been on the 30mg …

Last reply
  • Finally switched to Escitalopram!

I've had the bottle of pills in my cupboard for probably 7 weeks now;-). I'd just been too nervous to switch. ​Previously, I was on 40 mg. of Citalopram for 5 years, when it quit working for me. That was a huge and scary disappointment, because I'd just sort of assumed they'd …

Last reply
  • Urge to wee

Escitalopram is giving me the urge to wee all the time, has anyone else had this many thanks, was,nt this bad on prozac,

Last reply
  • ABC Health News (Escitalopram)

How to Get the Best Results From Lexapro If you have been prescribed LEXAPRO (escitalopram oxalate) or have already started on treatment, you have taken a significant first step toward relieving your depression and/or anxiety. Aside from taking your medicine daily, there are additional steps you …

Posted
  • Lexapro Poop Out Options?

lexapro pooped out for me 2 months ago and since then Ive not been successful with anything else. Its the only one that has ever worked for me. Has any one had any experience with poop out and resolved it? I am wondering if taking Mirtazapine with it could help. Any suggestions would be …

Last reply
  • Generic brand

HI I am on escitalopram, 5mg, it's in a deep red box, is it the generic brand, I have read alot about problems on this one, should I be on Lexapro instead, thanks

Posted
  • Blocked ears

HI I have the feelings my ears are blocked and I have to keep swallowing, also feel dizzy, could it be the pills 10mg, 3 days on them,

Posted
  • Switching from Zoloft to Lexapro!

Im currently on 100mg of sertraline but i have really bad dry mouth (so much so its very sore and painful). My dr has prescribed me Lexapro to try but im scared of switching? Has anyone switched? how easy/hard is it?

Last reply
  • Has anyone had GI / Digestion problems with Lexapro?

Hey guys, Sorry for the TMI lol, but has anyone been experiencing any constipation, bloating, etc since starting Lexapro? (or the opposite). I used to run like clockwork but I am definitely noticing a difference in my digestion since being on it.   Just curious if this is normal and if …

Last reply
  • Feeling better; now worse again: common??

I'm on Day 26 of 10 mg (after being on 5 mg for 5 weeks, then 7.5 ish for a few weeks---I've been on escitalopram for a total of over 2 months now). ​I had been feeling better, for over a week. I was still experiencing some anxiety, but less than before, and in the form of worried thoughts. …

Last reply
  • Starting Escitalopram

I am due to start taking Escitalopram 10mg,but thinking of halving these for the first week,as scared of side effects. Any advice on how good these tablets are for anxiety,also any initial side effects to look out for,would be gratefully received. I was on Citalopram for 19 years,but changed to …

Last reply
  • No improvement on Escitalopram for 40 days

Hey guys, I've been on escitalopram for 40 days now (5mg for 7 days, 10mg for 32 days) for panic and anxiety. At the beginning I used Klonopin for the side effects and I felt good, but now that I've stopped taking Klonopin I feel anxious every morning, I'm getting panic attacks often, I …

Last reply
  • ESCITALOPRAM HELP

Hi all,  I’m suffering really bad with anxiety I’m on my 4th week of Escitalopram the 1st 2 weeks was awful the 2nd 2 weeks wasn’t to bad now week 4 I expected to see some improvement but I’m awful again & wondering wether to carry on or stop or increase or change looking for some hope …

Last reply
  • Quitting cold turkey after a week on.

I am stopping use of Lexapro as my anxiety & depression has increased so much that I just cannot function properly. I'm in a constant state of rumination/obsessive thinking, anxiety, depression and I feel like a drugged up patient. I also do not want to put up with side-effects such as …

Last reply
  • Escitalopram - How Long? Positive experiences please.

Hi Guys, I'm 35 years old and until recently had never experienced any depression or anxiety in my entire life. Nothing happened to set it off, I jut woke up one day and felt deeply depressed and borderline suicidal. I have no motivation to do anything and am also currently off work.  …

Last reply
  • Newly Prescribed

Hello I’m on day 4 of lexapro. I finally made a doctors appointment after years of anxiety and most likely depression. A few months ago i found out my dad had leukemia. I had to make an appointment to try something and this is what the doctor prescribed me. I’ve always had high expectations   …

Last reply
  • First day on Escitalopram?

Hi, I tried Sertrline for 5 weeks but I guess it wasn't meant for me, started on Escitalopram today 5mg for 2-days and then 10mg after. if you would share your feedback, side effects what to expect, how to best deal with them and finally I understand it takes about 2 weeks before I see any …

Last reply
  • Nervous about the side effects

I have suffered with anxiety my whole life . I was on ciprlex for 6 years along with xanax .05mg to take as needed and to help me sleep. For the past two years I came off of ciprlex and I was feeling great . Fast forward to around June I noticed my anxiety was coming back so my doctor suggested I …

Last reply
  • Bumping dosage back down to 10mg from 15 mg

I was on 10mg dosage of Escitalopram for 5 weeks for generalized anxiety and panic attacks (no depression).  After about two and a half weeks of really bad increased anxiety, upset stomach, and zero appetite, the side effects started to subside and for about two weeks I felt somewhat …

Last reply
  • Just switched to Lex

I just switched from Sertraline (tapered off slowly) to Lexapro. It’s day 3 and for the first 2 days i was fine but the big side effect of dry mouth is creeping back. This is the reason i quit sertraline. Im scared its gonna be the same for Lexapro. 

Last reply
  • A week in - Horrible anxiety

Hi guys, I started Lexapro about a week ago, first starting with 1.25 / 2.5 for a few days, now I am on my 4th pill of 5mg. I have been hit with the worst anxiety I have experienced in 3 years, since the spawn of my real anxiety symptoms. The first days on 1.25 I was fine, pretty pumped that I was …

Last reply
  • Started Lexapro for 3 days quit now want to restart

Last weekend I started Lexapro Friday, Sat, Sunday.  I quit because I could  not deal with the nausea and loss of appetite.  On Monday I started Amitriptyline.  I did that Mon, Tues, Wed.  No more I can deal with the side effects plus it is an older anti-depressant.  …

Last reply
  • Dr says to take Lexapro at night. Any advise for sleep aids

I start my first 10mg lexapro tonight.  Doctor says take at night.  I have had insomnia since April due to depression and anxiety.  I have been prescribed 1 mg klonopin.  I have taken it maybe two three times a week sometimes I will do half a pill or cut it down to .25.  …

Last reply
  • Lexapro, Life, Weed.

So its been a really really rough year. Anxiety surfaced outta no where causing intrusive thoughts and panic attacks. I thought i was going crazy but i never gave up! Ive been on lexapro for about 5 months! Its helped SOOOO much and im kinda scared to get off of it i never wanna be in that state of …

Last reply
  • Anyone have luck with lexapro and rozerem?

I think I'm going to stay with taking the Lexapro during the morning and rozerem at night until the Lexapro kicks in. I'm not big on doing benzos so my doctor prescribed the rozerem. Has anyone taken that with Lexapro?

Posted
  • What dose should I take to stop withdrawal symptoms?

Hello, I stupidly stopped taking Lexapro (10mg) abruptly and now have flu like symptoms and dizziness. I want to start over and try to wean myself off, but in the meantime I want to relieve my symptoms as quickly as possible. I took a 10mg Lexapro pill a few hours ago and am not feeling better - …

Last reply
  • Escitalopram 5mg

Hello , I went to see my doctor again and she asked have I started the escitalopram and I told her no, I’m still nervous. So now she wants to try a different method, instead of taking the medicine of everyday , she wants me to take the pills 3 times a week for one week , then the next week, to take …

Last reply
  • Lexapro Withdrawal

I've been on 20 mg of Lexapro for about two years, before which I was on Paxil. Because my psychiatrist wasn't listening to me about weaning me off (she wanted me on it indefinitely or until I wanted to get pregnant), I decided to see another psychiatrist, who gradually helped me cut the …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.