Terrible side effects from escitalopram.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, can anyone help with my query. My medication is up in the air in the moment - I was on sertraline for 23 years, believe it or not. I had a severe depressive episode and it wasn't working well enough. 8 weeks ago I came off the medication after a month's taper, which I now know was insane. Anyway, I was put on Duloxetine but it was no match for the sertraline withdrawals and after 6 weeks my psych thought it wasn't working and moved me onto escitalopram 10mg. I had a five day taper from Duloxtine. The first week was hell but I put it down to the sertraline and duloxetine withdrawals. The second week though I am putting it down to escitalopram. My symptoms are being constantly cold, heavy sweats, constant nausua, loose bowels? stomach ache and heavy anxiety that requires daily Diazepam to manage. These symptoms tend to occur a half hour after taking the medication.

It's two weeks on Wednesday since I started escitalopram. Has any once else had these symptoms and they have improved?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.