Loose/very stretchy skin following escitalopram

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I was on 15 mg. escitalopram for 6 months and stopped a year ago because i had developed a weird skin sideeffect. My skin was all of a sudden much more loose and stretchy despite me not loosing any weight for the past 8 years. I'm naturally really slim (178 cm and 58kg), I work out and eat a healthy diet and i've always had tight skin. Now i can drag my skin far out on both my stomach my thighs, my arms and my neck and it is much more loose. When i showed my doctor she had me cheked for Ehlers Danlos which it was concluded that i don't have, but now i'm left with no knowledge on what has happened and no knowledge on what to do.

I was wondering if anyone else have experienced this?

Best regards

Sofie

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.