switched from zoloft to lexaporo 7 weeks ago and feeling miserable!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on zoloft for last 4 years due to terrible health anxiety. I used to run to doctors and have so many different kind of tests, it was hell, to say the least. it took almost 6m months for me to feel the effect of zoloft, but it it helped my anxiety with about 70%. wasnt perfect, but was pretty good. several months ago, i noticed my anxiety is increasing bit by bit, so my dr told me to switch to lexapro. i have many friends that are on it, with great results.

i weaned the zoloft by 5mg each day (i was on 200) and started lexapro with 5mg each day. i stayed at 20 mg for 5 weeks but really wasnt feeling good. got crazy anxiety at times and didnt know what to do with myself. i felt so hopeless. like, if the lexapro isnt working, what will get me out of it?? i wasnt sure if its the weaning of the zoloft that is having such an effect on me, or the lexapro- is either not working for me, or hasnt kicked in yet and im only feeling more anxious before feeling better.

when seeing my dr last week, first she wanted to switch me off lexapro, based on what i was explaining to her how im feeling. but i was scared to switch again, so she decided to increase to 25mg and see what happens. Again, this week, a week after i introduced the 25, i had terrible anxiety again....

based on what im reading here, i see it can take more than 6 weeks to kick in. The zoloft has taken almost 6 months. but by the medical books, it should only take 6 weeks.

im really confused and looking for advice. For those that have experience, do you think this isnt a good medication for me, or do i still need to give it some time?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It takes me about 3 months to start feeling something and 6 to 9 months to get back to myself usually.

Think months instead of weeks. same dose same time every day for months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.