Escitalopram side effects help :((

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

i'm just really looking for some advice or reassurance. I was on citalopram around 4 years ago and had a few start up side effects as im sensitive to meds but was on this for a year and worked wonders.

i recently have had a severe episode of anxiety and Dr recommended citalopram again, i'm very sensitive to meds, started on 10mg, however after 3 months i was feeling the same constant panic onlt depressed as well.

dr suggested switching to escitalopram 10mg due to less side effects, i have been on it for 3 weeks and honestly been the worst 3 weeks of my life. i wake up every morning with the most severe anxiety, the nausea is wearing off but i am in a constant state of anxiety, i have propanolol 10mg and diazepam when needed, and it is the only thing getting me through. the anxiety is worse than ever and im feeling hopeless, dr says these side effects are bormal, please help 😦((

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

im right there with you laura 4 weeks in lexapro and propanolol, though the propanolol doesnt seem to do much for me, having really bad days,anxiety and twitching, looking for answers andsome idea if i should stick with it or look for a new med.

• Edited

escitalopram is twice as potent as citalopram. a 10mg dose of lexapro is equivalent to 20mg of Celexa. if you have been on the dose of lexapro 8 weeks without relief of symptoms you. you need a dose increase or a different medication. the max dose of lexapro is 20mg usually. I would expect some benefit from lexapro at 10mg. if you feel like you are worse off than you were on Celexa, I would ask for a different SSRI.

• Posted

Hi Laura,

Sorry to bother you but I am in the same position that you were 20 months ago. I am 12 days into a 10mg dose and the side effects, physically and mentally are off the scale. How did it work out for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.