Updosing Lexapro after tapering need encouragement

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone! Been a while. I have gotten down to 5.4 mg I thought i could continue on and come off but apparantly not with this anxiety. Do not want to ch

I upped to 6.5 last week going to 7.5 tomorrow.

had a lot of health issues this year. i think that the dryness will stay low if i dont go so high or up to fast. it seems the faster one goes up the more side effects tend to linger around.

It definetly worked for anxiety for me. just to low a dose. The big question we with anxiety asks is how much longer , will it work, will side effects pass etc

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

8.5 mg this week. a little more anxiety than normal. sleeping later in morning. i have experienced this before so it should make it easier. but anxiety is anxiety. i tend to feel every little pain or alment as everything is magnifid atm. i practice breathing 2 times a day. and ice baths once aday. try to excersise everyday. the intrusive worry thought loops are a struggle rt now.

• Posted

this week i started 9 mg. some dryness. mild. Didnt want to get out of bed a few times. maybe more of a calming stay in bed feeling but with anxiety feeling weird.

morning anxiety and calm in evenings. Im in that worry i will never get better stage.

I have been here before and i know the previous outcomes I made it through. It has always taken me around 3 months to feel better and about 6 months or so to get back to myself. I pray for good results.

• Posted

still at 9 mg . actually ml i use liquid. the anxiety i have been feeling is weird feeling in stomach chest. the muscle tensing and releasing increased some. I did have 3 days this week with no klonopin. i have not used it in years until off and on this year. and this past month stress and starting lexapro its been every day. loose bowel movements.

I did get a steroid injection about a week and half ago which reved up anxiety. I noticed hot flash feelings off and on this week which i think is from steroid injection

• Posted

still on 9 ml . 3 weeks. thinking of going on to 10 ml. and then holding for minimum of 6 months. the reason i tapered was i had a few side effects at 15 mg after many months. could i have held and it eventual went away maybe.

also 15 was a bit too high . i didnt talk much at all and some anger. i wasnt myself.

lexapro at 6:30 am. morning anxiety around 9:30 am. calmer in evenings. 5 mg melatonin and 350 mg of magnisium citrate calm brand at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.