5 weeks on ven 75 XR still no appetite

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is killing me.  I know I’ve posted this before but I’m just reaching out again. I’m considering dropping ven & going the anti drug route. I do not have major depression & have never had major panic attacks or anxiety either.  I DO however have Xanax & Klonopin for any anxious moments but those moments were few & far between.  Have been definitely using them for thru the roof anxiety from weaning off Prozac last spring & getting on this horrible drug. I have heard nothing but horror stories from people I’ve talked to this weekend regarding withdrawal from this drug.  I don’t want this in my life.  To miss a dose & be so sick???  That’s insane.  

Hope all of you are doing well.  I think I’ve finally made up my mind that I don’t need this.  

Be well everyone. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Be careful coming off, Barbara! Five weeks is long enough for it to get its hooks in you!  What is your plan for coming off?
    • Posted

I have an appt with my psych dr on Tuesday & will ask for her guidance.  If I have to do it over months & months taking beads out I will do that. 

Betsy have you withdrawn or are you still on it?

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated. 

• Posted

Just a side note:  my Ob Gyn put me on Prozac 13 yrs ago for possible PMDD but I really have no recollection. I may have walked in there for my yearly exam seeming down or having a bad day or possibly hot flashes.  Stayed on 20 mg (low dose) for many years & it treated me well. I could miss a dose & no big deal.  I could have a few cocktails- no big deal. Didn’t have to take with food. Slept very well at night- no issues.  I just don’t think Effexor is the right drug for me. Have not felt well in the 5 weeks I’ve been on it.  Had a couple good days. Big deal.   

• Posted

Hi Barbara. I will be weaning off ven too I think, as psychiatrist feels I shouldn't have been given them as I've just been diagnosed with Bi-polar 2. I have come off ven in the past and as long as I did it slowly I was ok. I made sure I did a drop of 37.5mg every 2 wks. When I got to the last 37.5mg I opened it and removed a wee tablet (think there were 3 or 4 inside the capsule?) each 10 days. Stayed on last one for a couple of weeks and then stopped and that was me! Didnt have much in the way of withdrawal symptoms and I had been on the med for 3 months. My highest dose was 225mg XR if I'm recalling correctly. I probably won't start the reduction for another 2wks as being balanced on quetiapine first. Let me know how you get on. All the best, Jackie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.