5 weeks po

Posted , 2 users are following.

Tomorrow Monday the 23 will be 5 weeks to be truthful some improvement but its minimal. Around the house I can get by without crutch or cane which includes doing a few things outside. Of course afterwards its ice and elevate. Pain wise hit still hurts and its not just a little either..I keep hoping the Dr. was wrong in saying it may take 6 weeks before I feel better but as each day comes and goes I think he is right.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I found a sudden real improvement at about 7-8 wks but I used one crutch for a while when going out . So you are doing okay
  • Posted

It amazes me how this pain goes I start the day wake up my knee is annoying as soon as I get out of bed it immediately worse after the morning routine laying on the sofa with leg stretched out it starts throbbing Just took on 4mg hydromorphone used ice prior and right now it is throbbing nothing even resembling minor pain it stinks. The only thing encouraging based on what the surgeon told me considering my history with knee surgeries I am going to feel pain for awhile possibly 6 months or more before it feels better. How exciting?? 
  • Posted

Did you have a total knee? It takes several months for those to heal and get better.
    • Posted

I have had numerous replacements currently just had # 6 on the same L knee June 18th. This was the 18th surgery on that knee. A first or 2nd time replacement after 3-4 months your back to feeling better unfortunately now I am on #6 it is going to take time 6 months or more. Trust me just because I have been thru this lots of times does not mean the pain is any less this by far hurts the most out of any of the previous replacements if this is considered good with the exception of the pain I knew what to expect.
    • Posted

How awful for you ? Why so many ops? What went wrong ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.