5 WEEKS POST.. BURNING PAIN DOWN INCISION

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello to all my HYSTER SISTERS"..

I am 5 weeks post as of yesterday... I now am experiencing the HOT PAIN, PULLING feelings along my vertical abdominal incision.

They put me on Celebrex to help it a bit.

According to my dr., it's from the NERVES BEING CUT... they are now "MENDING " so to speak..

Have any of you felt this... some really odd feelings around the area now... I had 22 staples... the incision now is that CORD LIKE texture... she said that will eventually go down to the fine line..

Also, I was "bad" sad    They had to reclose 2 areas a few weeks ago with Silver NItrate... that was scary... I didn't listen too well... just too hard NOT to clean and move about at home.

I am hoping to be back at work Jan. 5th.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY HYSTER SISTERS OUT THERE.... AND HOPE YOU FULLY RECOVER!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Mary in CT

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had that as well although my cut is bikini line. My exact words to my husband were "it feels like all my nerves are on edge!" It has gone now, 8 weeks post op so sit tight, You will be in good shape soon enough and TAKE IT EASY!!

cheesygrin

• Posted

Hey thanks Aanda!

Helps to know others experienced that too!

I am TRYING to behave now smile

Thanks for replying!

Mary in CT smile

• Posted

hiya all i can say is dont overdo it or you wont heal,remember all your muscles etc have been cut ,so take it easy takes a good 8-12weeks tc magsx
  • Posted

Thanks Margaret..... guess we've all been there/done that.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.