5 weeks post op

Posted , 6 users are following.

5 weeks has passed already from my spinal fusion/decompression laminectomy L3-S1. I am feeling AMAZING!!!! i am a tiny bit sore and the pain is less and less. Don't make fun of me (lol) I downloaded the Pokemon Go app on July 6. I started walking around July 7 and since then i have walked 29 miles. I feel phenomenal!  I'm not a huge fan of the heat and we had a few days of a het wave and i just walked around in my house  but i notices if i just sit on the couch from hibernating from the heat i get stiff. But once i walk around the block or something i feel much better. I am so happy i did the surgery. I also cannot wait to swim, lol! August 2 is my next post op appointment to talk about PT. I just wanna swim!!!!! The difference i see just from alst week is amazing. I hope everyone else is doing well! I'm sorry i havent been on here for a while! :D

This whole thing was mentall draining and there were days i was sort of depressed because i can't do much, but i know that it's only temporary. There were days i would cry because i have to depend on everyone else.  I'm a really independent person and love to do everything on my own. I still can't drive and everyone has to drive me everywhere. I have a 15 month old son and it's hard that i can't pick him up and my father has to pretty much watch him 24/7. My dad is retired so i'm lucky i have him here with me. My weight limit has moved up to 10 pounds.  

Thing's are looking up. I'm so happy!

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am starting to think I was lucky about pain medications.  I took nothing that was a narcotic before surgery and refused anything that was after.  I did take anti-inflammatory before and after but that is all.  Also has anyone used the bone growth stimulator?  I have a big one that fits like a brace but ackward.  When I read about the person doing the turning of bottom part of body I cringed.  I still practice the BLT. Easy on bending, lifting, and no twisting.  Going back to yoga next week.  I just will not do anything that is too much.  I can lean forward but not backwards at all.  Hope everyone doing good!!!!!
    • Posted

i have the bone groth stimuator! i use it every day for 2 hours. Mine kinda fits to my body. it is kinda a hassle to deal with lol. i haven't tried to lean back wards but i notied that when im in a car and i need something by my feet i can't get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.