5 weeks Post Rectocele. HELP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a heavy feeling today and when I looked the bulge was worse than before surgery. Just had a follow up a couple of days ago and he said everything looked fine. I am terrified that it's worse than before. Please help. I think my doctor thinks I'm a but neurotic as it is. Is this normal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can't comment on a rectocele as I've only had a cyctocele but 5 weeks post op you still have a lot of healing to do. You will still be swollen I would think and scar tissue wont have formed yet. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know), and rest as much as you can. It's a waiting game I'm afraid.

• Posted

5 weeks is nothing where healing from rectocele surgery is concerned. Sometimes the stitches can extend to the perineum and that can be swollen and feel like a lump. Are you using a laxative to help you pass soft motions? Its essential that you dont strain. Try to do some gentle pelvic floor exercises after a bowel motion...it helps to get things back into shape. If at 3 months post op, you feel something is still bulging then go back to your doctor,but give it time.

• Posted

Not using laxatives. I actually have issues with diarrhea and not constipation. So no straining in that regard but I've been sick and have had a horrible cough. I called my doctor last night and he said it was all bad timing. He said it could have failed but too soon to do anything about it. My next appt is January 7th and he will reevaluate. That will put me at 8 weeks. I guess I just have to waiting regardless...

• Posted

its earl days for you but unfortunately if yiu gave been coughing a lot yiu may of strained the weak tissue on yiur repair.

I'm sure at yiur post op check yiu will know more. try not to worry but I know that isnt possible with these ops.

good luckxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.