5 weeks post surgery for weber C ankle fracture

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

On Friday 13 th October I miss judged the last step on my stairs at home and after a 4hr wait for an ambulance ended up in surgery with one broken bone one dislocated and torn ligament and tendons. Non weight bearing since. The next apt I have is 22nd Nov. The consultants says he wants the plaster off and me up and weight bearing. When I asked about driving as we live semi rural and my husband does not drive he said as its my left leg I should be driving 2 weeks later. Has anyone else had any experience of this? Am I being a bit optimistic re how quickly the leg will recover? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don’t want to knock you down and this could purely be my experience.  I had surgery for bimalleolar fracture 8 weeks ago today. I got my cast off 2 weeks tomorrow and I’m barely walking with crutches. It’s painful, it’s stiff and it doesn’t move much. I’ve been told about 3 months from surgery before I’ll be without crutches. I think 2 weeks to drive again is optimistic. Again this is just my story so I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery!
    • Posted

Hi Heather thanks for your reply.  I saw the consultant yesterday and was fitted with a moon boot and can start to weight bear as comfortable with a view to the boot not being needed at around about 2 weeks. Its 24 hrs since the cast came off and my foot is very stiff and cannot move it much but I am going to make sure that I do all of the exercises and work hard on it.  I do wonder if the 2 weeks is also optomistic but will give it a go.  As I have read a lot on this forum the recovery is a long slow and painful process.  Good luck with your healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.