5 weeks post total knee replacement surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am still in a lot of pain. Still on painkillers and morphine. Not sleeping well, hot sweats, then feeling cold. Physiotherapist pleased with movement in my knee, can walk up and down stairs without crutches. But I feel so tired all the time, by time I have done my exercises, had my shower and had breakfast, I am worn out. Hardly have any appetite, feel nauseous most the time. Due to see follow up surgeon in two weeks and to discuss other knee replacement, but I am far from well from this last one.. is this normal.

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There r also anti nausea drugs that one can take w/ the narcotics. I do not remember the name of the one my sister used; I will ask her when I speak to her next. I didn't have to take them cause I wasn't nauseous from the codeine, just very tired.
    • Posted

TIgan is what I came home from the hospital with. I did have a couple of episodes in the hospital of nausea but they were giving me a lot of oxycodone the first couple of days. After I scaled down on the oxycodone taking no more than one or two a day, I no longer had any episodes of nausea.
  • Posted

This is really early days. When i had TKR nearly 4 yeasrs ago I was told it would be about a year before I really began to feel the benefits and I reckon that was about right.

If physiotherapist is pleased I would not be worried to be honest.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi , had the best day today, pain under control with cocodamol, stopped feeling sick and headache gone, then went to bed tonight and my knee has given way. Cannot put weight on it even with crutches, phoned 111 waiting for ambulance, I am so upset, has this happened to any one else?
    • Posted

Sorry this has happened to you.

Hope you get it sorted.

No this did not happen to me.

I'm sure you have done the right thing to get help.

Let me know how you get on.

Praying for you

Sarah xxx

• Posted

I am @ 5 weeks now range of motion is only 90 now I'm having a hard time bending my knee flat to the floor Does so normal to anyone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.