5 weeks since had operations

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi had operations 5 weeks ago anterior and tvt went to see consultant last Thursday he said was doing OK and said can drive short distances. Drove to local shop and back after had pain in groin is that normal. Also I feel like I'm dribbling will this go after my muscles build up. The consultant told me I need to be doing pelvic floor excersise 3 times a day for 10 minutes each time which I'm finding hard to do x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That's good Lisa sounds like you are on track and doing well in your recovery. It's usually about 6 weeks for driving and as for pelvic floor exercises it can be difficult to start with as not been using muscles and will probably still having swelling. Sometimes the muscles can be too tight so you have to learn to completely relax them before tightening up. With practise if will get easier, have you been referred to physiotherapist yet trained in pelvic floor conditions, they are very good and help with recovery.

Phyl x?

• Posted

Hi phyl thank you for reply I had physio before I had the opportunity for a year so I know how to do them it's just 10 minutes seems a long time 3 times a day x I'm going to leave driving at bit longer do hard being a single mum with 3 children especially with a 28 month old baby that is clingy just worry lol hopefully it's worked.ive been signed off work for another 2 months so as I'm a carer for the elderly x

• Posted

Sorry 18 month old lol x
    • Posted

Lisa I hope you have plenty helpers especially with younger toddler. After my first repair my eldest daughter was on maternity leave and with 3 under fives I was trying to help but kept lifting them it's so hard not to especially if they put themselves in danger you automatically lift them away.

I think I was doing about 15 each of quick and longer hold pelvic floor exercises about 3 or 4 times a day so that's about 45 - 60 per day around 6 week mark but some days did find them difficult after overdoing things.

You might have to ask for light duties when you return to work (maybe leave heavy lifting and handling to colleagues. I have been told if I cause down pressure my repairs will fail so meant to be permanently on light duties.

I takes such a long time for tissues to heal so take care and be as careful as you can.

Phyl x?

• Posted

Thank you so much I don't really have much help but surviving I has been hard . I found my consultant wasn't very helpful I keep getting pain in my groin for a week now didn't really have no pain before that so might get dr to check me other x

• Posted

It takes up to 3months for stitches to heal and can feel worse around 5-6 weeks when wounds pull together and stitches start to loosen a little.

The swelling can take up to 3months to go down as deep tissues take longer to heal.

Everything will feel uncomfortable until swelling goes down. If you are worried and unsure about groin pain then as you said GP visit would be a good idea.

It's worth being careful in early weeks only doing what you have to and rest as much as possible. The housework can wait recovery may seem like long time but compared to the rest of your life it's worth taking care.

I still use jug to fill kettle and position the mugs so I can tilt it without lifting. I still can't lift a film laundry basket, or lift heavy soup pots.

Please try avoid all the heavy stuff till much later months if possible I remember having to take wet washing out a couple of items at a time. Still can't do heavy shopping only a few light items in a back pack.

I think I had a pretty bad advanced prolapse and therfore repair surgery was pretty exstensive so been told if I cause down pressure it will fail again.

Please take care it will be worth it in the long run.

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.