5 year old boy refuses to poo in toilet, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 5 year old is a happy and healthy little boy. He refuses to poo on the toilet and soils his pants. He will pee in the toilet no problem. He will also hold on and not poo for days until he produces a giant poo in his jocks. I have tried sitting him on the toilet when I see him make the poo face but he will scream to get off. I have tried a toddler toilet seat with a step, a learners potty or just the toilet and nothing has worked. His 6 year old brother has no problem with the toilet at all. I've also tried bribery of toys, lollies, you name it.... nothing. He will poo in his jocks and then flush the pooh into the toilet himself.... I just don't know what else to do to get him to sit and poo. Please help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Be interested to see what others recommend for this. He'll grow out of it, of course, but until then! 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.