5 years with digestive problems without results

Posted , 3 users are following.

In the past 5 years I had problems every year for 1 or 2 months, with abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting and fever. There was inflammation detected with blood test when I had this symptoms but never had any diagnosis. I had 3 years ago an endoscopy, on the paper it said that I have acut gastritis ..

3 weeks ago for 13 days, I had blood and bloody mucus in my stool in large amounts, sometimes without stool even.Yesterday I had colonoscopy without any results, there wasn't any inflammations. I'm wating for the biopsie results. But now after 5 years without results i don't know what to do. Is there anyone who had the same problems or have any advice? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

it can be fmf

familiar meditranian fever

and colcicine heal you easily and stop those attacks

tell that to your doc

these attacks come  and go by its own

fever vomiting. and mekoniom stools sometimes a little green

abdominal pain

it is like fmf 

no problem

colcicine is the answer

consult your doc about it

• Posted

Thank you very much for your answer. I will consult with my doctor about this.
  • Posted

If gastritis was mentioned on your endoscopy report, then you have answers for one of your problems.  For gastritis avoiid greasy, rich and fatty foods and eat blandly.  Try a food diary to uncover food triggers.  Wait to see what the biopsy results show.  This is as much as you can do just now.
    • Posted

Today ,I went back for the biopsy results and everything was fine. But I had large blood cots again in my stool for days. The doctor said , he saw a few smaller hemorroid but it couldn't be the cause in this case and he doesn't know what it is. So now I am waiting again for an enteritis CT for weeks. It is a little bit frustrating without answers and the doctor seems clueless too. neutral

• Posted

Have you had a fecal calprotectin test to look for inflammation?
    • Posted

No , I haven’t had any fecal test. I don’t really know but they should have seen inflammation when they did the colonoscopy and with the biopsy as well. So maybe this is why they didn’t tested it , first they thought it could be ibd but now they don’t really know . Because it’s darker than fresh blood but not black .
    • Posted

Two things are possible:  you may not have inflammation and that’s why nothing showed up or you do have inflammation but it is in your upper digestive tract rather than in your bowel. Crohns can be in your upper digestive tract and a pill camera pick it up. Darker blood is a sign of bleeding higher up the digestive tract.  IBD symptoms can vary a lot depending on what form you have.  Keep seeing your doctor and ask for the fecal calprotectin test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.