5 yr old with c5 & c6 degenerative disc disease and no curvature in cspine .

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter was recently diagnosed with c5 and c6 degenerative disc disease after an MRI. Her doctor also noticed that she doesn't have any curvature in her cervical spine at all. She's complained of tingling and numbness in her legs and feet for over a year now. She recently started complaining of her hands going numb after writing or coloring for over tens minutes at a time. She's never complained of any pain, except for today. She said she turned her head and felt a sharp pain in her neck. When I asked her to show me where, she showed me said that it hurt to touch it. The doctor (a neurologist) has referred her to a neurosurgeon, because she said that it's extremely rare for a five year old to have degenerative disc disease. I'm extremely worried of what's in store for my sweet little girl. Any information is greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Bless that little girl's heart..and her worried mama. I wish I could tell you something but after a year I don't have ANY answers. Has anyone suggested a chiro or physical therapy before surgery. It is a little safer maybe for a try?? But she is young enough to heal well. Did she try any flips or fall to. use this?? Prayers for healing and good doctors.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're in the early stages of diagnosis, so nothing has been offered as of yet. She's never had any falls or injuries that might have caused her condition. My mother was diagnosed with ddd a few years back and had to have a fusion done on her lumbar due to it, but she's in her late 50's. I greatly appreciate your prayers and healing vibes! Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.