5 yrs Fibro - imflamation found behind eye MS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive suffered what the Gp has said Fibromyalgia, sciatica, muscle spasms and others all effecting my right side and back 99% of the time. I do get the same pain in my left side a few hrs every now and then. I get double vision usually a few hrs in the morning and a stabbing eye pain every now and then all for 5 years constantly and worsening. At an option app she found swelling she reffered me to eye clinic who found thinning of something (I'm not sure) and imflamation of the optic nerve. I'm now being referred to a neurologist. From what I know (very little) this would be all possible Multiple sclerosis? I'm only worried as my 12 year old daughter gets similar pain only she can describe it better than me. She has times she physically can t walk for a few hrs! Also she had bells palsy last year that lasted 6 months. I'm scared I have MS M.S and have passed it on to her???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee it is what it is maby get the gp to refer her to neuroligist as well

If you can go private to get seen quicker then if needed she can go back to nhs

Remember it may not be ms .george

• Posted

Thank you for your reply but a G.P has never referred me anywhere or even asked to look at my legs when I'm there crying in pain. I'm just given different medication and told if that doesn't work we'll try this. It's been through the optitians opticians and eye clinic (I've glucoma in the family) who had concerns I've finally got there. They also don't seem concerned over my daughter theyve asked her to do bloods for imflamation but asking a 12 year old if they are ok with getting her blood taken is never going to be a yes.

Going private would be a dream come true but I'm imagining too expensive for us.

• Posted

Hi dee, I'm sorry that you're having to deal with your own health problems, but it must be heartbreaking to see your daughter struggling with health issues too. First, a statistic: check what the odds are, that you might have MS, whatever that is (if you're in the UK, like me, it's about 610 to 1, apparently). It means that as our kids (I was diagnosed in 2004) about twice as likely to develop it, IF you have it at all, hopefully not. I felt awful about the risk, but, as the alternative is that our kids don't exist... and THAT'S obviously not what we want. If you have MS, it'll quite tidily lump your symptoms together.

MS can be a tricky condition to diagnose, at the earliest stages, at least, as anyone in remission can have times when healing can blur the results of the usual diagnostic tools, MRI, lumbar puncture and, less often, evoked potential testing.

I hope you don't have MS, but if you do, there are lots of us, in the same place.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes it horrible seeing my daughter like that she's currently in bed and has been since yesterday with leg pain, we are considering taking her to A&E but don't have much faith that they will help if nothing's broken. I wish we could go private and get "fixed". I hope I don't and the odds sound good (thanks for that) but sort of hope I do so I get some sort of help other than pills pills and more pills.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.