Hi

I've been to my psychiatric last tuesday, and he prescribed be this:

In the morning: 

50 mg Pregabaline + 20 mg escitalopram

in the afternoon:

50 mg Pregabaline

Before going to bed:

50 mg Pregabaline + 100 surmontil

Since then I've been feeling like a zombie; my face and lips are numb and I've been feeling termors on my legs, arms and hands.

i called my doctor and he said to skip the 50 mg pregabaline dose in the afternoon.

the sintoms didn't stop 😞

Befor I was taking 10mg diazepam in the morning and at night + esfitalopram in the morning.

i don't know if it's the pregabaline or surmontil ....

i just want this to stop... my doctor told me that if it continues I should go to him even without an appointment but that will only happen until next tuesday.... maybe I should go back to diapzepam ? 

Sorry ri for my English, it's not my native language ...

pedro 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I cant' seem to find a way to edit my post so here's some more info:

the sintomes seem to agravate in late afternoon even though I haven't taken anything more since morning...

What I meant was: "sorry for my english" ...

• Posted

I am on 3 x fluoxetine and the 150 pregabalin x 3. When I initially woke, was high as kite and very light headed, but, HAPPY, 

As day went on ligh headed and high settled down and as this is 1st time I have felt happy for 3 weeks, I am one happy man.

• Posted

It will be difficult for you to know Pedro as you are taking Simontil and Pregabalin on the same day and each have similar side effects (and withdrawals). The only way to find out which it is is to come off one of them slowly to see if you improve or not. Ask your Doctor what he thinks when you next see him. How long have you been taking Simontil and did you have these symptoms on them before taking Pregabalin? The two combined may not be a good match. Certainly on Pregablin I have known the Tremors, numbness and feeling very zombie like and I am slowly coming off them as they cause me more harm than good. When did you start Pregabalin on 150mg (now 100mg) a day and did these symptoms appear within first week or two of taking them? You really shouldn't stop either one of them cold turkey as doing this will really cause you problems, seizures being one of them! Only do this with the help of your GP. If you have only been taking Pregabalin for a few days you could just take the 50mg at night only until you see your Doctor on Tuesday. I hope very much that you can get this situation resolved as quickly as possible

• Posted

Sorry, meant to say just cut the Pregablin to 50mg at night but continue on Surmontil as is until you see Doctor.
    • Posted

I made a mistake: at night I only take the surmontil... I've been taking these for 4 days....

• Posted

Maybe I should stop wih the pregablin... my face is so numb ...
    • Posted

Ok, that does make a difference - how long on Pregabalin? As I already mentioned the two drugs have very much the same side effects. If you were put on them both at the same time you really need expert advice. None of us responders are Doctors so we can only relate our own experiences.  
    • Posted

I've been taking both since Wednesday and stopped the diazepam. Friday my doctor reduced the dose from 100mg of pregabalin to 50gm (in the morning)...

• Posted

Then may I suggest you do stop taking the Pregabalin as it is not yet a full week you have taken them. You may still feel a bit off colour, hot/cold sweat and a bit like the start of flu but that will pass. Do you have any diazepam (also addictive of course) left to help you through until you see your Doctor on Tuesday? Do not be put off if Your Doc says there are no side effects with Pregabalin, just relate your experience and insist you do not wish to take them any more. Most Doctors, Psychiatrists and Consultants say there are no side effects, no withdrawals and they are non addictive.....there are thousands of patients who are trying to tell them that this is not the case at all. As yet, they are not listening but eventually they will have to as more and more of us are reporting back to them things they appear not to want to hear. I do hope you can get this sorted soon
    • Posted

I'll do that, and I'll be taking the diazepam instead until Tuesday...thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.